Hedgehog

For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly
Forum rules
For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly

Re: Hedgehog

Postby Pondero » August 21st, 2017, 5:38 pm

Raccoons are capable of lifting lids over here..and worse.I think raccoons would be worse than foxes for upsetting Les's applecart!
TV shows a live picture of the sun in Toronto.It looks like the moon has taken a bite out of the apple (sun).It is still very bright in this TV room.
Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.

— St. Teresa, The bookmark of Teresa of Ávila, [28]
Pondero

Postby Lyn » August 28th, 2017, 1:52 pm

Well we don't have racoons in the greater London area, we'd have to go out a bit to find badgers!
Didn't see Les last night but he came and ate food. Fox appeared, staring at me through window, several times! I've organised food so that fox cannot reach it & stopped sitting here until early hours to catch hedgehog, no point. I can tell when it has been and gone. Night before last I saw him running around before he ate and he looked sweet, bright beady eyes and pointed nose.
Lyn

Postby Lyn » September 2nd, 2017, 11:46 pm

Les update! I went out to retrieve the 'food dish' - but didn't because Les is asleep in the house (partly covering the food dish - when he has the comfort of fresh hay. No accounting for taste.

I've decided, if John and I go to Whitstable for two or three nights in a couple of weeks, our son can come round and feed Les. In the past he didn't drive or own a car (yeah I know but he was never that keen on driving, girlfriend drove), but now he does, no excuse.
Lyn

Postby GregB » September 3rd, 2017, 7:56 am

Hope he doesn't run over any hedgehogs on the way! :mrgreen:
"I hate reality but it's still the best place to get a good steak."
- Woody Allen
GregB

Postby Lyn » September 5th, 2017, 7:07 pm

I have a little tiny hedghog now in addition to Les.
Like this: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d4/3b/40/d43b ... g-baby.jpg
and this : http://news.images.itv.com/image/file/1 ... am_img.jpg

It's dark now and he is outside drinking water.
Lyn

Postby Lyn » September 12th, 2017, 10:59 am

John put two hook and eye latches either side of the hedgehog house so I have replaced next door's two bricks (under cover of darkness cos they didn't know I nicked 'em).
Lyn

Postby Sprocket » September 12th, 2017, 12:02 pm

:D
Supercrappyfarcicalishbrexitisatrocious.
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » September 12th, 2017, 5:15 pm

What is funny about me being a sneaky thief, Sprocket :D ;) ? I only borrowed the bricks from the pile in their front drive, doubt they noticed, but the bricks are back now.

I must say they look a bit different to the other bricks, the ones on the pile look all nice and clean, the ones I borrowed are stained and slimey. Anyway a brick is a brick they've got them back and will not notice. It has rained today so probably washed now. They're lovely people btw, would have given me the bricks had they not been away at the time.

The hooks and eyes on either side of the 'roof' certainly keep the food safe from foxes. I dreamed a fox was in the little house the other night but I know it is too big to do anything other than put its nose in and it seems to have given up, thankfully.

Les and any other little hedgehog trots along at feeding time. I am really enjoying having them around but don't think of them as pets, they are free, wild animals. I've read about people who make pets of hedgehogs and it doesn't seem right somehow unless they have been in danger and rescued. I have enough pets anyway, two old cats, one of whom is deaf, and a lively ex-Tom (called Thomas!), who is sitting next to me now.
Lyn

Postby Lyn » September 16th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Les has grilled Cumberland sausage tonight with a little gravy and some dried cat food. I am going to be vigilant so I can see him.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » September 16th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Les should have been On the bus with us..the sausage was delicious!
Let nothing disturb you.
Let nothing make you afraid.
All things are passing.
God alone never changes.
Patience gains all things.
If you have God you will want for nothing.
God alone suffices.

— St. Teresa, The bookmark of Teresa of Ávila, [28]
Pondero

PreviousNext

Return to Chatterbox