Hedgehog

For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly
Forum rules
For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly

Re: Hedgehog

Postby Lyn » September 17th, 2017, 3:40 pm

I've never been a great sausage fan except occasionally on a barbecue and I do like sausage and mash with gravy. I had the latter yesterday which was very nice and there was a sausage left over which I served to Les. It was well appreciated, the plate was licked clean!
Lyn

Postby Pondero » September 18th, 2017, 1:11 am

:grin: : :grin:
Les is a hedgehog after my own heart.
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » October 12th, 2017, 2:56 pm

Les is really big now. He spends a lot of time during the night sleeping in his house (if I get up I go and check gently and he is sleeping under the hay), but he hasn't taken up permanent residence yet. I suppose next month he might do that but I intend to gradually move the house to the side of our house because I know, atm, he sleeps down the side. Still eats everything I put out, some things are more favoured than others and one can tell because he upturns the plate.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » October 12th, 2017, 10:44 pm

Well, Lyn you can't very we!l move your house to his.Les upturns his plate to show you it is time for a refill - maybe.
It reminds me of a TV ad of years ago where a group of chimpanzees are having a tea party on behalf of Red Rose tea, and they turn over their cups to show they are empty.

As I drink a glass of a new (to me) Canadian Merlot, called Siblyn Rivalry ,13% alcohol by volume (screwtop top,. ..well, they are all like that these days, corks are going out of fashion). I regress..It has been one of those days...
I remember bringing back from North Carolina a bottle of red wine called RED ROCKET. 19 yes 19% alcohol by volume.It said so on the bottle. One of the audit supervisors ,Scott Kerr, (a bit of a lad) told me that it was the best wine he had tasted at the annual Christmas office party. He drank his share :)
He's gone now.God rest his soul!
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
Pondero

Postby Lyn » October 19th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Les hasn't come round to his house for his food two nights running. Prior to that he ate and then slept in the house but yesterday and this morning I retrieved a full plate :( . I hope he hasn't died, I wouldn't know unless it happened on my doorstep but they do wander around a lot at night.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » October 19th, 2017, 4:23 pm

Perhaps like me Les went up to his cottage for a day or two :grin:
Pondero

Previous

Return to Chatterbox