'Religion and Ethics' forum

For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly
Forum rules
For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly

Re: 'Religion and Ethics' forum

Postby Lyn » September 19th, 2017, 11:01 am

Sprocket wrote:When I'm allowed back in October, I'll put in a plea on your behalf!

Oh no please don't Sprocket! I was only joking. I was banned because I was outraged at someone else being banned which I considered to be grossly unjust and wasn't prepared to be quiet about it, hence "not accepting moderation". Funny thing is, only a couple of weeks before the mods were trying to persuade me to be a mod (which I declined)!

If you go back you may enjoy posting there so don't jeopardise it, I can do without.
Lyn

Postby GregB » September 19th, 2017, 11:57 am

Just a reminder about my post at the foot of the previous page in case it's overlooked, especially for Steve given his involvement (well, not currently!) in that site. (Comments welcome...)
"The war of peoples will be more terrible than those of kings."
- Winston Churchill (1901)
GregB

Postby Sprocket » September 19th, 2017, 1:00 pm

I think you are right about moderation being a skill, which some mods distinctly lack.
OK, Lyn, I won't, if you'd rather I didn't.
A cat once got frozen to -273 C, but it's 0k now.
Sprocket

Postby GregB » September 19th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Precisely. Arbitration candidates (judges, referees and other such professionals) are first subjected to training and careful formation, a major component of which is impartiality, while these amateur moderators on Christian forums with their rough and ready rules have experienced no such serious preparation whatsoever, other than their unqualified assumption to speak, pronounce and judge with any degree of authority.

Still and all, if people enjoy going over the same old ground with déjà vu relentlessness (pace the concluding comment on my penultimate post) regardless of the interference of these killjoys, then who am I to quibble?
GregB

Postby Pondero » September 19th, 2017, 11:07 pm

I have applied to join, and after several attempts to get this far, my application is being reviewed!
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby GregB » September 20th, 2017, 7:47 am

Well, the best of luck to you (though I'm not sure why you're bothering after the recent reports here from that front.)
GregB

Postby Lyn » September 21st, 2017, 5:20 pm

I really enjoyed posting on there and from what I remember, Sprocket (SteveH) did too. So we had differences of opinion with the mods :D , that happens. The way I see it, if lots of people have the same difficulties, in the end there will be a couple of light bulb moments and things will change. Maybe not yet. However it's a good forum to post on, I found it kept me on my toes.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » September 25th, 2017, 1:30 pm

I took a look at the topic Re Trump on the Religion and Ethics forum , and came across contributions which did not impress me. Not one sensible thing was said in favour of Trump.It was 100% opposed to Trump in a very insulting manner, nothing good was said about him - and the tone was utterly deplorable.
Other topics were treated without depth.
I haven't been accepted yet by the mods and even if I were I doubt if I would post there.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Lyn » September 26th, 2017, 11:15 am

You can't expect everyone to agree with you on a forum, it would be boring if they did. So Trump is still being discussed? Hee hee, not surprising really. I remember at least three posters on R&E who were pro-Trump, one of whom considered him to be a fellow Christian and chosen by God :roll: . Anyway there are surely lots of other discussions. There is a faith sharing area where you can post and discuss but no-one diss your faith which some found useful.
Lyn

Postby gone » September 27th, 2017, 1:25 pm

I thought I would pop back to this forum and see how you are all doing, I know you lot will have missed my presence so very much! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pondero I see you have tried to join R&E, they have so many spam posters it is hard to get accepted. However if you still want to join tell me which username you are using and I will tell the MODs you are a legit poster.
gone

PreviousNext

Return to Chatterbox