Mockingbird II

Reviews, recommendations, books to avoid. What have you been reading?
Forum rules
Reviews, recommendations, books to avoid. What have you been reading?

Re: Mockingbird II

Postby Lyn » March 10th, 2015, 7:25 pm

Sorry Greg, I didn't look at the link until now. I also thought Harper Lee was no longer with us though I had no evidence of that.
I read "To Kill a Mockingbird", the first time, when I was about twelve and have re-read it. My son did it at school and I read it with him. Also saw the film. One of our forum members named himself after one of the characters (Boo Radley?). Excellent book and I look forward to reading the next one. I remember sj saying it wasn't the sort of book she would choose to read, she doesn't know what she is missing!
Lyn

Postby maz » April 21st, 2015, 5:18 pm

looked at this as thought it was about The Hunger Games, Book 3 Film 2 and I've only just ordered the latest on DVD, which is the film version of Book 3 - but part 1.
Forgive my ramblings - had to laugh at myself.
Those who know the books/films might get what I mean.

Anyway - we did 'To Kill A Mockingbird' at school - shame most of us were too young then to fully appreciate it - however, did later - book and Greg Peck film.
I don’t want to be known for the things I’m against, but for the things I am for... but....A person who loves flowers will hate weeds
http://gracewalkministries.blogspot.com ... trong.html
maz

Postby Sprocket » April 21st, 2015, 9:35 pm

Ought to read it one day, but I probably won't. I suppose I could always walk into a cocktail bar and ask for a tequila mockingbird.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » April 23rd, 2015, 9:44 am

I never read To Kill a Mockingbird, but I saw it in the Indigo bookstore the other week. I have no intention of reading it. You have only got to look at the relationship between black and white in Ferguson or more recently Baltimore, to know nothing much changes in the USA.
I bought two books that day by John LeCarre.more to my taste.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Previous

Return to Book club