GregB goes digital

Somewhere to show off our creative talents and achievements
Forum rules
Somewhere to show off our creative talents and achievements, whether story writing or poems, painting or running a marathon, surviving a church youth weekend, amazing photos or . . . or . . .

GregB goes digital

Postby GregB » February 20th, 2012, 4:38 pm

Well, after much fiddling about, I've managed to get this photo on Photobucket and thence to here. It was taken in our bathroom through the large mirror we have there (so the image is reversed.)

Here's a slightly fuzzy half of our living room with cinematic figures on the walls and part of my CD (and LP) collection:
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Re: GregB goes digital

Postby Sweet Peace » February 20th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Well done! You're an inspiration.
I just produced a newsletter for our community, my second time as editor, and included a number of photos I took with my ipod touch. I'll see if I can get some onto the other photo thread.
Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Sweet Peace

Postby Lyn » February 21st, 2012, 12:10 am

You look beautiful Greg, even if you are the wrong way round :D
Your living room is quite unique!
Lyn

Postby GregB » February 21st, 2012, 6:40 pm

Thanks for those responses, ladies!

SP,
Glad to see you got those photos on the other thread.

Vix,
Flattery will get you everywhere... :grin:. Well, anyway, I'd say not bad for someone who'll be 65 years old in June (but young at heart :D)

I'll put some more pictures up here before long, including one of the other half of our living room.
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby patjoseph » February 21st, 2012, 8:14 pm

GregB wrote:Thanks for those responses, ladies!

SP,
Glad to see you got those photos on the other thread.

Vix,
Flattery will get you everywhere... :grin:. Well, anyway, I'd say not bad for someone who'll be 65 years old in June (but young at heart :D)

I'll put some more pictures up here before long, including one of the other half of our living room.

Actually Greg, you don't look 65....Any chance of cracking a smile on the next one? :grin:
patjoseph

Postby GregB » February 21st, 2012, 8:46 pm

Don't forget, PJ, that the photo was taken through a mirror and I think I'd feel rather daft smiling at myself! In any case, I'd much rather eat cheese than say it... :mrgreen:
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby different glory » February 22nd, 2012, 2:54 am

Stunning living-room!! Chock-full of personality!! :D And the Man in the Mirror... "saturnine" is the word that comes to mind! (in a good way!!)
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
different glory

Postby GregB » February 24th, 2012, 8:07 pm

:grin:

Well, here's (almost) the other side of the living room, with - mostly - reproductions of paintings of older parts of Paris by a French-Chinese artist Chiu Tak Hak:

And here's a photo of an unusual building in the city with a butterfly adornment at its top:
Last edited by GregB on February 24th, 2012, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby patjoseph » February 24th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Love the French paintings
patjoseph

Postby GregB » February 25th, 2012, 6:53 am

You can find many of them on a Google search by typing in 'Chiu Tak Hak'.
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Next

Return to Something worth sharing