Miscellaneous

Somewhere to show off our creative talents and achievements
Forum rules
Somewhere to show off our creative talents and achievements, whether story writing or poems, painting or running a marathon, surviving a church youth weekend, amazing photos or . . . or . . .

Re: Miscellaneous

Postby Pondero » July 26th, 2016, 6:47 pm

We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
Pondero

Postby Pondero » September 28th, 2016, 5:43 pm

My favourite monkey, Sorry barbary ape.

Under the British flag in Gibraltar

Pamplona,Spain. The running of the bull street.
Last edited by Pondero on October 6th, 2016, 11:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » September 28th, 2016, 7:23 pm

I like that one of you with the bull and your polo shirt looks good, John has one like it in a sort of rust colour. I prefer the blue though.
Lyn

Postby GregB » September 28th, 2016, 7:42 pm

The words Toro Loco on the bull's T-shirt mean Crazy Bull while those on the machine mean 'Convert your coin into a medal'. The streets in the centre of Pamplona where the bulls run are quite narrow, which makes it more dangerous as the runners and bulls tend to get jammed together causing accidents, mostly getting trampled on when falling or being gored.
"We have more knowledge than those who came before us not because of our greater intelligence and understanding, but because we are dwarves sitting on the shoulders of giants who preceded us."
- Bernard of Chartres
GregB

Postby Pondero » September 28th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Yes, Lyn I like that blue polo shirt too.However, it was too hot for those clothes.In fact I don't have too many clothes for summer use.
I have to use my photo bucket sparingly as I don't know how many photos they will allow me .
Pondero

Postby Pondero » November 6th, 2016, 12:47 pm

What I find surprising is that there as many as 30 comets predicted for 2017. I didn't expect that many.
Last edited by Pondero on January 8th, 2018, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pondero

Previous

Return to Something worth sharing