Miscellaneous

Somewhere to show off our creative talents and achievements
Forum rules
Somewhere to show off our creative talents and achievements, whether story writing or poems, painting or running a marathon, surviving a church youth weekend, amazing photos or . . . or . . .

Miscellaneous

Postby Pondero » May 26th, 2015, 2:46 pm

Hopefully I have a photo or two of an assembled barbecue, which I did myself from pictures without words, quite an accomplishment I think. And a photo of a dis-assembled old one ready for transportation to the garbage dump 14kms away.

Here are two for the birds or bird. This little bird crashed into our cottage window yesterday and lay on the deck.I thought it was dead, but Its heart was beating so it was alive. Just knocked unconscious for a few minutes
Later on it rolled over on its back and it's little legs were twitching in the air. I went for my camera and it was on its legs, right way up, staring at me. Thinking it was friendly I went outside to feed it some crumbs from a bun I was eating. It let me get about a foot away from it and suddenly became frightened and took off. (This is a Bev type story ,where is Bev.:grin: )

If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Re: Miscellaneous

Postby Pondero » May 26th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Tomorrow, I am going to show the diagrams for assembly of all similar type barbecues, including this one. There are no words at all in any language. I assembled it inside the basement where it was dry.You needed a screwdriver and two spanners, not provided, and lots of luck in finding rods to fit the wheels.

If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » June 25th, 2015, 7:07 pm

Finished!

Well here are the photos of yesterday's graduation from high school in Mississauga, Canada.There is only one photo of my grandson.
The rest show the other graduates, the proud parents,grandparents, and friends as well as the surrounding (tax paid) opulence :grin:

And now one of Matthew in the line up.
Followed by one of the principal,

Now,here are two photos of the outside of the hall, the corridor taken on our way out, before the ceremony had finished.

John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » July 14th, 2015, 7:59 pm

James has a couple of days off from his summer job and visited us this morning. He then went with me for a drive - he drove,while I took photos with the blackberry. These will be shown later.

This is the Royal York subway station I often write about, at Royal York and Bloor Street.

The pleasant Royal York road before reaching the subway.Unfortunately it is garbage pick up day today - I know how to pick em :eek:

On a little street on the East side of Royal York road, north closer to Edenbridge there is a short street used to turn around in, which James did as he had to go south to a shop.Great houses here, and in the general area - off Royal York.

s
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby GregB » July 15th, 2015, 1:07 pm

As a matter of interest, who won the chess game?
"A fat woman is trying to diet while an ageing spinster is dying to try it."
- Anon
GregB

Postby Pondero » July 15th, 2015, 6:28 pm

GregB wrote:As a matter of interest, who won the chess game?

He won two games and I won one game this time.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » July 27th, 2015, 3:05 am

Hopefully, there will be some photographs of the Erin farmhouse tomorrow, located at N. 43 degrees, 44.933 minutes and W. 80 degrees, 0.188 minutes, 403 metres (or is it feet, being an American GPS ) above sea level.
I had a great time.

This is a former horse farm with a stable pictured, summer house :and the house has been renovated .

John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » January 16th, 2016, 1:54 pm

Today in front of TV in Florida.

All taken from my chair.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » March 6th, 2016, 12:28 pm

One last shot of the warmer place I left .dated Feb 10, 2016. The CDN government is rumoured to be increasing the capital gains tax in the March 22 Budget. Sell before or after that is the question. The answer is keep it if we can afford it.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » July 26th, 2016, 11:27 am

John Lennox
Pondero

Next

Return to Something worth sharing