Around the House

Somewhere to show off our creative talents and achievements
Forum rules
Somewhere to show off our creative talents and achievements, whether story writing or poems, painting or running a marathon, surviving a church youth weekend, amazing photos or . . . or . . .

Around the House

Postby Pondero » July 27th, 2016, 9:44 am

Here are two photos taken in a spare bedroom just after I got up to look for a pair of socks.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 6.&type=3&

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Re: Around the House

Postby GregB » July 27th, 2016, 12:18 pm

Sorry, Pondero, but I'm not getting your photos on Facebook. There's just a boring message saying that I'm unable to receive such material where I live (ie. Spain.) Perhaps those in the UK might be more fortunate. In any event, and as a recommendation for all, Photobucket never fails...
"A fat woman is trying to diet while an ageing spinster is dying to try it."
- Anon
GregB

Postby Pondero » July 27th, 2016, 3:02 pm

Well, that is a surprise. is anyone else in the same position, say in England?
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Lyn » September 28th, 2016, 11:41 pm

I can't get your facebook links either Pondy.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » October 6th, 2016, 12:47 am

This is the delicious Yorkshire Pudding I cooked today, Wednesday. It was delicious as we shared it.Gravy extra
The recipe is as follows:
3 eggs, 1.5 cups of 2% milk, 1.5 cups of general purpose flour.
Mix the eggs and milk in a bowl, stir in with electric mixer the flour,let stand covered for half an hour,then grease the bottom of the pan with canola oil and olive oil lightly, warm it and make sure it covers all the area of pan and part of the sides.Then cook for 25-30 minutes in an oven at 425 degrees F.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby GregB » October 6th, 2016, 9:39 am

It looks delicious, Pondero!. It's years since I had roast beef and Yorkshire pudding swimming in dark gravy (you can't get it here.) Still, with that recipe, we could always have a crack at it (and beef for roasting is available here.)
"A fat woman is trying to diet while an ageing spinster is dying to try it."
- Anon
GregB

Postby Pondero » October 6th, 2016, 10:04 am

The only correction I would make to this Greg is to add to the milk a quarter cup or less of water. The recipe is from a Graham Kerr cookbook :by the Galloping Gourmet.I have no recipe for roast beef, but that would be delicious to add to it.

EDIT.
The phrase terrible Greg was not of my doing and has been corrected. I will watch this Android more closely in future.If I write a word such as "this" which I did in this case, Android thinks it knows better and substituted a word it has seen before in some context. I don't understand the Android technology and so I have to double check all the words I write when using this Acer,Android tablet.When I use the computer upstairs I have no problems in this manner, you see it is not run on or by Android.
Last edited by Pondero on October 6th, 2016, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Pondero » October 6th, 2016, 11:08 am

Lyn wrote:I can't get your facebook links either Pondy.

I will put you on my list of friends.Then you should be able to see all the photos I have on Facebook.

You are not on Facebook Lyn so I cannot make you a friend.
John Lennox
Pondero

Return to Something worth sharing