Jesus died to 'save' us, not such a big deal!

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Re: Jesus died to 'save' us, not such a big deal!

Postby Ishy » October 16th, 2016, 10:36 pm

Jesus died an innocent man without sin. He had done nothing to earn the wages of sin which was death. " No greater love can a person have for another than to lay down their life."
Someone dying to save another is not as epic as Christ dying to save the whole of mankind. Though, all are selfless acts, Jesus could not be held by death because he had done nothing which death could hold him for.
His death was the suffering which brought life to the whole of mankind. :)
Ishy

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Sprocket » October 17th, 2016, 7:41 am

I really don't think this thread deserves the serious responses it's getting, having been started in a feeble attempt to shock the grown-ups by someone who, despite her chronological age, has the emotional maturity of a 16-year-old.
Brendan Behan once went on a lecture tour of Canada. On his arrival, a reporter asked him why he'd come to Canada. Behan replied "I saw an advert that said 'Drink Canada Dry', and I thought 'I'll try anything once!'"
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » October 17th, 2016, 9:05 am

You certainly have a point but, if you remember, when Sj was on here a few weeks ago a couple of people suggested that she should be a bit more sensitive towards us - eg not calling God "It" - and she agreed to do that, so let's see how things pan out. She is used to a forum atmosphere where a lot of people are insensitive, we are a smaller and closer knit community (& we aren't always so sensitive to eachother but we get over it sooner).
Lyn

Postby Sarniajoy » October 17th, 2016, 10:54 am

I wasn't going to come back to the forum, but I think I have a right to state my opinions on matters of faith just like anyone else. However, I shouldn't be rude to people and I shouldn't have responded in the way I did to GregB, even though I disliked the way he was with our Nicholas Marks. :oops: I am glad Sally has got rid of that 'welcome' thread. As I have said before I don't apologise for my views about the Biblical god, which is highly unpleasant if it exists, and everything in the Bible attributed to it had any credence.
Sarniajoy

Postby Ishy » October 17th, 2016, 10:57 am

Sprocket wrote:I really don't think this thread deserves the serious responses it's getting, having been started in a feeble attempt to shock the grown-ups by someone who, despite her chronological age, has the emotional maturity of a 16-year-old.

The world is made up of all sorts. In a moment of sanity we see clarity that some people cannot move from where they are stuck in their own emotional time warp.
Eventually, SJ will see Christ is not stuck in one place. Having suffered more than she will ever suffer he still got up the third day and he still loved those who hurt him.
Sometimes they eventually stop hitting out and allow the love to sink in and the value of what Christ did for them.

Love and faith is not really about complaining of our bad moments but knowing those moments make our good moments even better and more valuable.

SJ, needs loving and embracing with truth that her value to God super cedes the value others place on her, and the value she places on herself.

Christ loves God and SJ, enough to suffer and die for her. What value is that to place on a person?

In the great scheme of things she is valued and love by God, just as all believers are. :idea:
Ishy

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Lyn » October 17th, 2016, 3:08 pm

A kind post. We certainly need to be more tolerant of eachother's idiosyncrasies.
Or else do what Jonathan suggested and put them on "Ignore" :D, I've forgotten now what he said and would probably do it wrong anyway but we can all 'ignore' if we choose to.
Lyn

Postby Sarniajoy » October 17th, 2016, 3:17 pm

Ishy wrote:
Sprocket wrote:I really don't think this thread deserves the serious responses it's getting, having been started in a feeble attempt to shock the grown-ups by someone who, despite her chronological age, has the emotional maturity of a 16-year-old.

The world is made up of all sorts. In a moment of sanity we see clarity that some people cannot move from where they are stuck in their own emotional time warp.
Eventually, SJ will see Christ is not stuck in one place. Having suffered more than she will ever suffer he still got up the third day and he still loved those who hurt him.
Sometimes they eventually stop hitting out and allow the love to sink in and the value of what Christ did for them.

Love and faith is not really about complaining of our bad moments but knowing those moments make our good moments even better and more valuable.

SJ, needs loving and embracing with truth that her value to God super cedes the value others place on her, and the value she places on herself.

Christ loves God and SJ, enough to suffer and die for her. What value is that to place on a person?

In the great scheme of things she is valued and love by God, just as all believers are. :idea:

You might believe all that to be true, and that is your right, but there is no evidence to back any or it up. The Bible is no sort of evidence.
Sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » October 17th, 2016, 3:48 pm

I think you have missed the point of the post, Sarnie. Said by someone who frequently misses the point :D .
Lyn

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » October 17th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Lyn wrote:You certainly have a point but, if you remember, when Sj was on here a few weeks ago a couple of people suggested that she should be a bit more sensitive towards us - eg not calling God "It" - and she agreed to do that, so let's see how things pan out.

Yes, lets!

Erm...the very next post:

Sarniajoy wrote:As I have said before I don't apologise for my views about the Biblical god, which is highly unpleasant if it exists, and everything in the Bible attributed to it had any credence

I make that two violations.
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Sprocket » October 17th, 2016, 5:15 pm

I suggest we ignore her.
Brendan Behan once went on a lecture tour of Canada. On his arrival, a reporter asked him why he'd come to Canada. Behan replied "I saw an advert that said 'Drink Canada Dry', and I thought 'I'll try anything once!'"
Sprocket

PreviousNext

Return to About Christianity