Jesus died to 'save' us, not such a big deal!

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Re: Jesus died to 'save' us, not such a big deal!

Postby Theophilus » October 17th, 2016, 8:16 pm

As said on the welcome thread now removed:

Go to a person's profile, click "Add Foe" and that poster is added to the ignore list. Mentors (names in bold, dark blue) cannot be added to the ignore list.
It's later than you think!
Theophilus

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Lyn » October 22nd, 2016, 1:59 pm

Sj, if you look in at any time, godfrey made a suggestion to you earlier on in the thread. Have you tried it?
Lyn

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » October 22nd, 2016, 2:46 pm

Lyn wrote:Sj, if you look in at any time, godfrey made a suggestion to you earlier on in the thread. Have you tried it?

Re SJ Lyn, If you read its posts on Religion and Ethics Forum, you must surely conclude that it is not interested in religious belief.

Here is a response from it to me today:

There is no evidence to support the existence of any gods.

It is only interested in finding reasons for disbelief. Apparently, according to it, God doesn't exist because if He did, He should have made it clear to everyone. Since this is not the case, there is no evidence for His existence. Beats me then why someone with this mindset has spent at least the last eighteen years arguing against religious belief. How many Christians in that time would have answered it's questions, yet none of them are ever good enough!
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Lyn » October 22nd, 2016, 3:18 pm

:D
I never give up hope, Sword, can only conclude that you have and no-one will blame you. Still it wouldn't hurt it to have a look at what godfrey (I always feel like calling him, "god") says in response to it, on September 29th, page 1, and any replies to our god.
Lyn

Postby Sprocket » October 22nd, 2016, 3:57 pm

SwordOfTheSpirit wrote:
Lyn wrote:Sj, if you look in at any time, godfrey made a suggestion to you earlier on in the thread. Have you tried it?

Re SJ Lyn, If you read its posts on Religion and Ethics Forum, you must surely conclude that it is not interested in religious belief.

Here is a response from it to me today:

There is no evidence to support the existence of any gods.

It is only interested in finding reasons for disbelief. Apparently, according to it, God doesn't exist because if He did, He should have made it clear to everyone. Since this is not the case, there is no evidence for His existence. Beats me then why someone with this mindset has spent at least the last eighteen years arguing against religious belief. How many Christians in that time would have answered it's questions, yet none of them are ever good enough!
It has the emotional maturity of a stroppy teenager, and uses its unpleasant experience of hellfire Christianity as a child as an excuse to reject all forms of it. It needs to let go of its past.
By the way, I like your idea of referring to SJ as "it" until it stops referring to God as "it", but italicising it every time is over-egging the pudding somewhat. Anyway, I think it has buggered off back to R&E now.
"I'm fucking busy, and vice versa" - Dorothy Parker.
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » October 22nd, 2016, 5:52 pm

I will pay fifty pounds to a charity if it returns. It is costing me a bomb!
Lyn

Postby Ishy » October 22nd, 2016, 8:48 pm

:wave: :banghead: :rotfl:

:amen: Who has earache and who has a sore head?

I guess patience is in abundance on this thread, :D
Ishy

Blog: View Blog (3)

Previous

Return to About Christianity