The Spiritual Nature of Almighty God

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

The Spiritual Nature of Almighty God

Postby NicholasMarks » October 22nd, 2016, 9:54 am

After weighing up all the facts, as presented by Jesus Christ, it must be obvious to us all that Jesus and Almighty God want us to harness the spiritual/electric/nervous material of the universe and bring it into our daily lives for the purpose of our slow and righteous repair from our sins and the sins of our fathers and our forefathers.

Though it isn’t obvious to us yet, all our troubles, heartaches and illnesses stem from people following opposing laws to Jesus’ righteous teaching, and should be avoided like the plague.

This is a skill, well worth adopting, if we do it accurately, as Jesus, alone, taught us…especially as a controlled resurrection into a new vessel, in the next generation, is built into its mechanics. It all revolves around God's righteous spirit which he extends to us through his son's accurate and loving teaching.
NicholasMarks

Re: The Spiritual Nature of Almighty God

Postby Sprocket » October 22nd, 2016, 10:09 am

It's Marks o'clock again. I'm off.
Brendan Behan once went on a lecture tour of Canada. On his arrival, a reporter asked him why he'd come to Canada. Behan replied "I saw an advert that said 'Drink Canada Dry', and I thought 'I'll try anything once!'"
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » October 22nd, 2016, 10:10 am

Me too!
“ignorance of the fact that man has a wounded nature inclined to evil gives rise to serious errors in the areas of education, politics, social action, and morals” (#407).
Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Pondero

Postby GregB » October 22nd, 2016, 10:12 am

Hang on, you two - I'm coming with you!
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."
- T.S.Eliot 'Four Quartets'.
GregB

Postby Lyn » October 22nd, 2016, 10:14 am

Jumping on the bandwagon again Pondy? You said you weren't going to respond to Nicholas.

Nicholas I don't understand what you mean by harnessing spiritual/electric/nervous parts of the universe though I would like to.

I understand the rest of your post.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » October 22nd, 2016, 11:09 am

I changed my mind about that Lyn after reading his posts, I will read them but will not in all probability respond to his posts as they are so far removed from main line Christian thought, I have nothing to say.
He is, I believe at the moment, based on what I have read so far, a man (could be a woman) who wants to start his own religion!
Many years ago, just after I arrived in Canada I was having a beer at what they call a pub (not like a British pub at all) with Dick, a fellow steel worker, when the topic of money making came up, and we both agreed that one way to do it was to start your own religion and go on the radio and TV as so many American evangelists do.
Now I am not saying that is Nicholas 's motive. I have some ideas about his motives but I will wait a while to see what develops.
“ignorance of the fact that man has a wounded nature inclined to evil gives rise to serious errors in the areas of education, politics, social action, and morals” (#407).
Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Pondero

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » October 22nd, 2016, 11:30 am

NicholasMarks wrote:After weighing up all the facts, as presented by Jesus Christ, it must be obvious to us all that Jesus and Almighty God want us to harness the spiritual/electric/nervous material of the universe and bring it into our daily lives for the purpose of our slow and righteous repair from our sins and the sins of our fathers and our forefathers.

My perspective on this Nicholas is that this is the work of the Holy Spirit when He indwells the believer. So we have e.g. this from Galatians 5:

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Lyn » October 22nd, 2016, 12:35 pm

Thanks for that, Sword.

Pondy, my view is that Nicholas believes in Jesus (all that means), and wants to convey an urgent message, not start another religion as such; there are plenty of Christians who do not adhere to a particular established church, we've encountered plenty on forums over the years. When asked, NM said he prays privately.

I do find some of his posts very difficult to understand, electric/nervous, etc. He is used to that. I also 'get' some of what he is saying.
Lyn

Postby NicholasMarks » October 22nd, 2016, 1:52 pm

Lyn/GregB/Pondero/SwordOfTheSpirit/Sprocket...

My motivation is pure and simple...in following Jesus, as accurately as possible, I have learnt things which aren't obvious, but are very, very true, and out of gratitude to Jesus I am trying to convey the message inspired by these teachings...mainly because I see them as very important.

If the universe is made from all this superabundant, dynamic energy, owned by Almighty God and taught to us about by Jesus Christ, then every aspect of our existence depends upon us using that energy wisely. We have to live according to a force that is invisible and while we race through life without considering its impact upon us it is still working away, within us, often to our detriment.

What I am saying is that to use it wisely we must interpret Jesus Christ's teaching accurately, not rely on others because they might be, unintentionally even, following iniquity...and there is no repair, resurrection or everlasting life to be gained from iniquity.
NicholasMarks

Postby Lyn » October 22nd, 2016, 1:55 pm

I sort of get that. No doubt I will still wrestle with it.
Lyn

Next

Return to About Christianity