Ideas about God and Evolution

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Re: Ideas about God and Evolution

Postby Lyn » November 6th, 2016, 5:28 pm

Evolve to survive?
Lyn

Postby Theophilus » November 6th, 2016, 5:57 pm

NicholasMarks wrote:Theophilus/GregB/Sprocket...

As I said: no one shares your worldview. You've taken a bit from one group, a bit from another, mixed in some Biblical interpretation and created a world only you inhabit. Numbers don't guarantee something is right or wrong, but when you cannot find anyone who shares your views or believes the same things as you do about fairly fundamental metaphysical realities, it's a good bet it's because you're trapped in a very small, unreal, world of your own creation. You imagine your reality is immune to refutation because it is some mighty fortress of truth that repels all lies, when in fact it avoids refutation because your reality is so tiny and disconnected from everyone else that it is largely ignored.

Getting you to realize this may be an impossible task (in your own world anyone who disagrees is just blind and a fool), but the very concrete fact that no one else inhabits your world should at least give you pause for thought. It's unfortunate that other posters are humoring you a little and trying desperately to find some common ground; but really this is just the equivalent of someone stuck next to you on a bus while you rattle on, making mildly positive sounds as they cast desperately round to find an empty seat.

I would probably do the same in real life, but on a forum where your ideas are less easily avoided/ignored, being blunt is a better option (whilst trying to avoid outright rudeness or insults).
It's later than you think!
Theophilus

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Val » November 6th, 2016, 6:59 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Val wrote:
NicholasMarks wrote:
There was a time when the element, part atom, that comes together with a partner to make a living-cell was riding free-range in their many trillions over this planet and variation was rife but the mechanics of evolution spread them around thinly and all species had to struggle harder to find these part-atoms and evolution slowed down. Now we need to harness our spiritual nature just to ensure that evolution doesn't go wild and drive our living cells in wild and cancerous ways...so...Jesus Christ' accurate teaching is heavily involved in our evolutionary health even today.

Utter foolish, insane, stupid, lunatic, idiotic, illogical, irrational, zany, senseless, absurd, silly, inane, asinine, hare-brained, ridiculous, ludicrous, preposterous and fatuous rubbish even worse than that fundi creationism cr@p, ....a little

Is that a quotation from Roget's Thesaurus?

tis
I am who I am, your approval isn't needed
Val

Postby NicholasMarks » November 7th, 2016, 9:27 am

Utter foolish, insane, stupid, lunatic, idiotic, illogical, irrational, zany, senseless, absurd, silly, inane, asinine, hare-brained, ridiculous, ludicrous, preposterous and fatuous rubbish even worse than that fundi creationism cr@p, ....a little

Unfortunately what I describe here is the only logic that can give all the evidence substance. It is derived from the simple facts that explain how atoms were created in the first place and how everything in science unifies into one coherant electrical story. What you find as ridiculous will lead others to the mechanics of the living cell but who cares...we are all doomed anyway if we can't follow the way, the truth and the life of Jesus Christ who is the electrical genius most desperatley need right now.
NicholasMarks

Postby Val » November 7th, 2016, 10:11 am

NicholasMarks wrote:
Unfortunately what I describe here is the only logic that can give all the evidence substance. It is derived from the simple facts that explain how atoms were created in the first place and how everything in science unifies into one coherant electrical story. What you find as ridiculous will lead others to the mechanics of the living cell but who cares...we are all doomed anyway if we can't follow the way, the truth and the life of Jesus Christ who is the electrical genius most desperatley need right now.

For myself I think you are a cute hoor as they say in the auld sod and are simply taking the urine, because you cannot in all honesty think that anything you posted makes any sense, you either have issues or you are having a lark at the expense of honest Christians here who like to debate their faith or issues relating to it.

If you are serious then post something legible on how adherents might follow the light the truth and the way as you see it, explain in simple terms how you’ve come to these conclusions, identify particular scriptures that support your faith

Or are you taking your cue from the following

From our very own Christy Burke
Or better known as
Chris De Burgh
Lyrics
A spaceman came travelling on his ship from afar,
'Twas light years of time since his mission did start,
And over a village he halted his craft,
And it hung in the sky like a star, just like a star...
He followed a light and came down to a shed,
Where a mother and child were lying there on a bed,
A bright light of silver shone round his head,
And he had the face of an angel, and they were afraid...
Then the stranger spoke, he said "Do not fear,
I come from a planet a long way from here,
And I bring a message for mankind to hear, "
And suddenly the sweetest music filled the air...
And it went La La...
Peace and goodwill to all men, and love for the child...
This lovely music went trembling through the ground,
And many were wakened on hearing that sound,
And travellers on the road, the village they found,
By the light of that ship in the sky, which shone all round...
And just before dawn at the paling of the sky,
The stranger returned and said "Now I must fly,
When two thousand years of your time has gone by,
This song will begin once again, to a baby's cry..."
And it went La La ... This song will begin once again
To a baby's cry...
And it goes La La... Peace and goodwill to all men, and
Love for the child...
Oh the whole world is waiting, waiting to hear the song again,
There are thousands standing on the edge of the world,
And a star is moving somewhere, the time is nearly here,
This song will begin once again, to a baby's cry...
I am who I am, your approval isn't needed
Val

Postby NicholasMarks » November 7th, 2016, 10:30 am

Val...

Amongst your response above you hit a very serious point which is that no one is eligable to teach Jesus Christ accuratelly except Jesus Christ himself. As it is we are or at least many are quite prepared to follow people who don't themselves believe or follow Jesus just rubber stamp his teaching...along with many errors.

Of course, here on evolution we might get a deeper understanding of the subject if we acknowledge that Jesus is the leader of a profound electric/spiritual knowledge that answers all of our problems but you prefer to follow Dawkins whose not very helpful to Christians at all so I suspect you aren't very interested in them either.
NicholasMarks

Postby Pondero » November 7th, 2016, 11:09 am

It is difficult to determine whether NM has a mental problem as outlined by Theo, or whether he is just having us on.
My own view is that he is taking the mick.
But, everyone is allowed to say their piece on this board without anyone in authority ruling on what is written here.You can be kind , you can write nonsense, you can be insulting, rude, and you can read crap or write crap until the cows come home, or eventually leave in disgust; so be it.
“ignorance of the fact that man has a wounded nature inclined to evil gives rise to serious errors in the areas of education, politics, social action, and morals” (#407).
Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Pondero

Postby Sarniajoy » November 7th, 2016, 11:23 am

Pondero wrote:It is difficult to determine whether NM has a mental problem as outlined by Theo, or whether he is just having us on.
My own view is that he is taking the mick.
But, everyone is allowed to say their piece on this board without anyone in authority ruling on what is written here.You can be kind , you can write nonsense, you can be insulting, rude, and you can read crap or write crap until the cows come home, or eventually leave in disgust; so be it.

I suspect NM has problems, but is not a WUM.
Sarniajoy

Postby NicholasMarks » November 7th, 2016, 11:26 am

All...

Everyone's suddenly become a psychoanalyst. The best and most accurate of them all...in fact ...if we look at the same strategy adopted by the Catholic Church, Freud and the Samaritans, honestly, we will find that they all take their lead from, Jesus Christ.

In prayer and dialogue with Jesus we are trained to be more perceptive...to have an acute , agile, kinder, forgiving, mind, whilst you lot seem to want to slash and burn any righteous statement because you are neglectful in upbuilding your own righteous spirit.

Following Jesus accurately can lift you out of the trauma of deceit which, in this day and age, we are all drowning in, and Jesus' righteous word will allow you to breathe purified air whilst the powers you believe in are stifling you...except of course the followers of Jesus' accurate word.
NicholasMarks

Postby Sarniajoy » November 7th, 2016, 11:32 am

NicholasMarks wrote:All...

Everyone's suddenly become a psychoanalyst. The best and most accurate of them all...in fact ...if we look at the same strategy adopted by the Catholic Church, Freud and the Samaritans, honestly, we will find that they all take their lead from, Jesus Christ.

In prayer and dialogue with Jesus we are trained to be more perceptive...to have an acute , agile, kinder, forgiving, mind, whilst you lot seem to want to slash and burn any righteous statement because you are neglectful in upbuilding your own righteous spirit.

Following Jesus accurately can lift you out of the trauma of deceit which, in this day and age, we are all drowning in, and Jesus' righteous word will allow you to breathe purified air whilst the powers you believe in are stifling you...except of course the followers of Jesus' accurate word.

NM your posts are so weird they do beg the question as to whether you have mental health problems, or are a wind up merchant. I think you have problems.
Sarniajoy

PreviousNext

Return to About Christianity