What is the difference........

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Re: What is the difference........

Postby sarniajoy » November 8th, 2016, 11:07 am

Exorcism is called "Deliverance Ministry" now, has been so for some time.

Same difference, silly hocus pocus!
sarniajoy

Postby Theophilus » November 8th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:So called prophecy is a load of silly garbage, which has nothing to do with any god, even if one exists in some realm somewhere. Remember that charlatan Harold Campion and the idiots who believed his end of the world nonsense?

The shorter and more dismissive your answers get, the closer we get to your next meltdown where you say something so stupidly ignorant and offensive that even you recognize it as such and slink off the forum until you calm down again. At this rate you'll be gone by the end of the week. I'll say "au revoir" now in case I don't get on the forum before then.
It's later than you think!
Theophilus

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby sarniajoy » November 9th, 2016, 10:17 am

Theophilus wrote:
Sarniajoy wrote:So called prophecy is a load of silly garbage, which has nothing to do with any god, even if one exists in some realm somewhere. Remember that charlatan Harold Campion and the idiots who believed his end of the world nonsense?

The shorter and more dismissive your answers get, the closer we get to your next meltdown where you say something so stupidly ignorant and offensive that even you recognize it as such and slink off the forum until you calm down again. At this rate you'll be gone by the end of the week. I'll say "au revoir" now in case I don't get on the forum before then.

I make no apology for saying what I think about the god portrayed in the Bible, it is every bad word which comes to mind, even worse than that evil creep Trump, and that is saying something. :evil: I will still be around for the time being I am entitled to my views, just like everyone else.
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » November 9th, 2016, 10:44 am

The only thing I would say is, as Thad's is a discussion forum, it would be helpful and courteous if you read the points made in the posts of others, and commented, point by point.

After all, people do sometimes take a lot of trouble to research what they are going to post, often in reply to you, and to dismiss what they say in one or two lines is a bit of a put down.

However, as you say, you are perfectly entitled to your views and to express them on here as is everyone else; Sally set up St Thad's for there to be room for all unless they are obnoxious and you are far from that.
Lyn

Postby sarniajoy » November 9th, 2016, 10:49 am

Whilst one shouldn't be offensive to other posters, expressing a view about an idea, which is all the Biblical god is, is not a problem in my opinion. If some find my views offensive so be it!
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » November 9th, 2016, 10:54 am

Not offensive, Sj.
My point was...well never mind, you presumably read it.
Lyn

Postby Val » November 9th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:Whilst one shouldn't be offensive to other posters, expressing a view about an idea, which is all the Biblical god is, is not a problem in my opinion. If some find my views offensive so be it!

Evening SJ, many including members of my own family find great comfort in their religion and whilst yourself and mé féin might think it a waste of time let us not forget it is their time and they may waste it at their leisure.

Devout religious people who believe the words of their scriptures are the words of their God will get very annoyed when we speak disparagingly of their religion or deity without reason or reasoned arguments, I am guilty of it myself but mostly only when I am spoken down to or asked where my morals come from, as many religious believe that Atheists cannot have morals if they do not believe in God, or if they have, they are meaningless.

So if you want to start a thread regarding certain scriptures or aspects of the biblical God then I am for that once we keep to the points and are always polite.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
John Stuart Mill

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Val

Postby Pondero » November 9th, 2016, 9:39 pm

The Irish have a way with words - it is innate.

Excellent post Val.
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
Pondero

Postby Sprocket » November 9th, 2016, 10:12 pm

Sorry, SJ, but you are too dim and immature to be seriously offensive. You're like a stroppy teenager, trying to shock the grown-ups. Sensible grown-ups, of course, decline to be shocked, but it does get very tiresome.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby sarniajoy » November 10th, 2016, 8:40 am

What nice people you all are, you think you have the moral high ground criticising me and my posts when yours are no better! :roll:
sarniajoy

PreviousNext

Return to About Christianity