The elusive 'truth'

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Re: The elusive 'truth'

Postby NicholasMarks » November 13th, 2016, 2:47 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:
NicholasMarks wrote:
Sarniajoy wrote:I take it then no one sees it your way, NM. You keep on about what Jesus is supposed to have said, and even if quoted correctly, which has to be in doubt as it was written years after he died, you have put a weird spin on it, which I bet was never intended. If around today Jesus might be a bit miffed with you and utter the, 'depart from me for I never knew you', phrase!

At least you have put a little thought into this post which is often missing. If you had studied Jesus Christ's teaching, accurately, you would know that it is guided by a Heavenly force and it is equally accurate as any writing at the hand of Almighty God's would be today.

Excuse me...dinners ready.

What you mean is if I was your clone I might see it your way, but thank goodness I am not, and nor is anyone else, Christian or non believer!

You would have to teach me to deny science first Sarniajoy, to get me to change my mind. Modern science has calculated the existence of all this material I speak of and which is identified in a sacred book which has a 10,000 year history, at least, which stretches into billions of years.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone who refuses to acknowledge the wonderful teaching of Jesus is saying they will not follow him into the eternal nature of universal existence...and this will preclude them from it. Almighty God will not allow planet Earth to go down this evil path again and to ensure this he is allowing a natural disaster to separate those who can save themselves from those who will revert to evil as soon as the scare is passed and who carry his condemned number 666. If we look at Isaiah 66:6 we find out exactly who these are...they represent all his enemies.
Last edited by NicholasMarks on November 13th, 2016, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NicholasMarks

Postby Lyn » November 13th, 2016, 2:47 pm

What did you have for din dins, Nicholas and was it good?
Lyn

Postby NicholasMarks » November 13th, 2016, 2:55 pm

Lyn wrote:What did you have for din dins, Nicholas and was it good?

Yes it was very tasty thank you Lyn. It was a standard roast beef and Yorkshire pud dinner with mustard which I particularly enjoy on beef.
NicholasMarks

Postby Sprocket » November 13th, 2016, 3:06 pm

Well, I suppose you can't be completely bonkers if you enjoy roast beef and yorkshires with mustard.
Brendan Behan once went on a lecture tour of Canada. On his arrival, a reporter asked him why he'd come to Canada. Behan replied "I saw an advert that said 'Drink Canada Dry', and I thought 'I'll try anything once!'"
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » November 13th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Yum, yum, YUM!!!!
Sounds delish, Nicholas.
Lyn

Postby NicholasMarks » November 13th, 2016, 3:38 pm

Lyn wrote:Yum, yum, YUM!!!!
Sounds delish, Nicholas.

It was Lyn...but there was a penalty to pay...I had the hard work of loading the dish washer.
NicholasMarks

Postby Lyn » November 13th, 2016, 3:58 pm

There's always a down side, Nicholas. Still, at least you can eat leftovers with your fingers and drink gravy, unseen in the privacy of the kitchen.
Lyn

Postby GregB » November 13th, 2016, 4:19 pm

And, whilst you are at it, why not choke on your next morsel and spare us your next slice of ridiculous rambling nonsense. :mrgreen:
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."
- T.S.Eliot 'Four Quartets'.
GregB

Postby NicholasMarks » November 13th, 2016, 5:29 pm

GregB wrote:And, whilst you are at it, why not choke on your next morsel and spare us your next slice of ridiculous rambling nonsense. :mrgreen:

You must admit to yourself GregB that you have a very unChristian attitude about you. Jesus wanted us to all pull together...to give comfort and support to each other but you yourself have your own ideas on what he meant.

You see...In God's new Heavens and new Earth he and Jesus will want loving, caring people, who avoid outright aggression, and, like Jesus, will put their trust in resurrection rather than blind and spiteful hostility. It's all there in the Holy Bible...I'm not making this up. You appear to have over-dosed on iniquity and believe that not only science but also the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ tells lies but unfortunately they both lead to a unified absolute truth which Wormwood and the fiery lake of sulphur will resolve once and for all.
NicholasMarks

Postby Pondero » November 13th, 2016, 5:46 pm

I no longer read your script NicholasMarks, because I don't know what you are talking about.
Nevertheless,Greg made me laugh with with his last comment.Dont take him seriously Nicholas.
“ignorance of the fact that man has a wounded nature inclined to evil gives rise to serious errors in the areas of education, politics, social action, and morals” (#407).
Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Pondero

PreviousNext

Return to About Christianity