The elusive 'truth'

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Re: The elusive 'truth'

Postby GregB » November 13th, 2016, 5:58 pm

You must admit to yourself GregB that you have a very unChristian attitude about you.

Do not preach to me what is Christian and what isn't, you sad case with your preposterous ideas about Christianity which absolutely no one else shares, which in itself demonstrates that you are a spiritual fraud whose ludicrous ideas cannot be tested against any other source but your own feverish dementia.

Still and all, I do realise that I'm on a hiding to nothing as, no matter how many times it is reasonably pointed out to you that you are completely alone in your absurd ideas (not the correct teachings of Christ, just the one off outpourings of a deranged mind), you persist in spreading them (and always in the same repeated grotesque idiotic terms about electricity and the like) as if you have something important to tell us, which all of us have concluded is pathetic nonsense.

Let me conclude by asking a simple question. Do you really believe that the demented twaddle you unfold here in post after mind-bogglingly boring post really makes the readers of them revise their/our views? (A rhetorical question, of course.)

Pondero: Yes, I wish no real harm on anyone. I'm just reacting to false teaching in its pernicious way.
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby NicholasMarks » November 13th, 2016, 6:50 pm

GregB wrote:
You must admit to yourself GregB that you have a very unChristian attitude about you.

Do not preach to me what is Christian and what isn't, you sad case with your preposterous ideas about Christianity which absolutely no one else shares, which in itself demonstrates that you are a spiritual fraud whose ludicrous ideas cannot be tested against any other source but your own feverish dementia.

Still and all, I do realise that I'm on a hiding to nothing as, no matter how many times it is reasonably pointed out to you that you are completely alone in your absurd ideas (not the correct teachings of Christ, just the one off outpourings of a deranged mind), you persist in spreading them (and always in the same repeated grotesque idiotic terms about electricity and the like) as if you have something important to tell us, which all of us have concluded is pathetic nonsense.

Let me conclude by asking a simple question. Do you really believe that the demented twaddle you unfold here in post after mind-bogglingly boring post really makes the readers of them revise their/our views? (A rhetorical question, of course.)

Pondero: Yes, I wish no real harm on anyone. I'm just reacting to false teaching in its pernicious way.

The world is in chaos and GregB is jumping ahead of the crowd and saying...listen to me Jesus Christ is perhaps ok but let's destroy anyone who admits it.

I'm ok with that...Jesus Christ was crucified by the same attitude. Remember...all those who gathered and could have saved him bawling out for his crucifixion.

You must be some sort of scientific expert to claim that the universe isn't the direct result of a wonderful dynamic energy introduced and taught of in the Holy Bible, and whose existence is seconded by modern science...look up into the heavens, who put them there, with the super abundance of his dynamic energy/mighty power...not one is missing.

I'll repeat what I have already said...righteousness is the key to understanding Jesus Christ and Almighty God and bawling abuse isn't righteousness...so it's wise to reach out for Jesus' accurate word, now, else expect to be snatched away when the fiery lake of sulphur passes by.

I'm just trying to help any who value righteousness, as Jesus alone taught it, to enable them to preen their lamps because the science of righteousness will not be fooled by iniquity.
NicholasMarks

Postby GregB » November 13th, 2016, 8:30 pm

Oh dear, same old same old; do change the record! (And do not presume to compare yourself to Jesus Christ.)
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby gone » November 14th, 2016, 9:15 am

GregB wrote:Oh dear, same old same old; do change the record! (And do not presume to compare yourself to Jesus Christ.)

I suspect some viewed Jesus as view NM! His family didn't seem to rate him!
gone

Postby Sprocket » November 14th, 2016, 9:35 am

Sarniajoy wrote:
GregB wrote:Oh dear, same old same old; do change the record! (And do not presume to compare yourself to Jesus Christ.)

I suspect some viewed Jesus as view NM! His family didn't seem to rate him!
Chapter and verse, please. His mother believed that he was who he claimed, and his brother James was one of the apostles.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » November 14th, 2016, 9:46 am

Joseph, too, had an extremely high regard and love for Jesus, never mind Jesus's cousin, John the Baptist and J the B's parents! I wonder where Sj gets her info from sometimes.
Lyn

Postby Sprocket » November 15th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Off the top of her head.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby gone » November 16th, 2016, 8:19 am

Lyn wrote:Joseph, too, had an extremely high regard and love for Jesus, never mind Jesus's cousin, John the Baptist and J the B's parents! I wonder where Sj gets her info from sometimes.

The not so good book if any of you lot have ever read the thing! :shock:
gone

Postby Lyn » November 16th, 2016, 8:48 am

Oh alright then, I'll have a look. Can I google to save wading through it? For example, "Where in the Bible does it show Jesus's parents didn't have much regard for him?",

On the other hand you could give us chapter and verse, Sj, would make life easier.

Tbh I don't care that much either way but I do remember, from Bible study in the dim distant past, that the family cared very much for Jesus, or that is the impression I got, but am prepared to be proved wrong.
Lyn

Postby GregB » November 16th, 2016, 8:50 am

I think the text in question must be Mark 3:20-21.

20 Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat. 21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.”
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

PreviousNext

Return to About Christianity