The Power of Prayer

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

The Power of Prayer

Postby NicholasMarks » November 14th, 2016, 8:26 am

When it comes to prayer we must do it exactly as Jesus taught us and what he said was...find a quiet place, out of earshot of others and make our needs known privately to Almighty God. Of course it is necessary to include Jesus in our prayer but to make our prayers even more valid we should make Jesus a part of our prayer by following his righteousness, accurately, as he alone taught us, making his ways a part of our daily lives and as part of our personal character.

There are many rewards to be had by approaching Almighty God this way…as Jesus well knows.

He is introducing us into the only spiritual way, which, via meekness and holy respect for righteousness, we can receive and participate in God's Living Waters. The quencher of thirsts that can reach parts that no other refreshment can reach. The same material that is the embodiment of Almighty God himself, and, by which, he made all the stars and atoms from.
NicholasMarks

Re: The Power of Prayer

Postby Lyn » November 14th, 2016, 8:34 am

NM: When it comes to prayer we must do it exactly as Jesus taught us and what he said was...find a quiet place, out of earshot of others and make our needs known privately to Almighty God.

I certainly agree with that though there definitely is a place for "two or three, gathered in His name", to pray too. However the most personal, intimate (and comforting) prayer is one to one. Also, being pragmatic, not everyone will have other people to pray with!

(Off the point but there will be a 'big moon' to see this evening, NM. Sprocket mentioned it on a thread a few days ago and I was reminded of it by Rose this morning; should be quite a sight. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3871)
Lyn

Postby Sprocket » November 14th, 2016, 8:56 am

Indeed there will. It's overcast at the moment - hopefully the sky will be clear by tonight. However, if not, I think it will still be pretty impressive for a few nights to come, even though slightly past full.
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby NicholasMarks » November 14th, 2016, 9:02 am

Lyn wrote:NM: When it comes to prayer we must do it exactly as Jesus taught us and what he said was...find a quiet place, out of earshot of others and make our needs known privately to Almighty God.

I certainly agree with that though there definitely is a place for "two or three, gathered in His name", to pray too. However the most personal, intimate (and comforting) prayer is one to one. Also, being pragmatic, not everyone will have other people to pray with!

(Off the point but there will be a 'big moon' to see this evening, NM. Sprocket mentioned it on a thread a few days ago and I was reminded of it by Rose this morning; should be quite a sight. http://www.st-thads.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3871)

Thanks for that Lyn...I will certainly look out for it but in my experience I have found that when there is something interesting like this in the night-sky clouds often play against you. Even so...we are warned to keep a watchful eye in the skies because this is where many of the signs of God's preparations will be seen in those last days...but...the only sure-fire way of preparing for that time is by following Jesus Christ's accurate teaching.

Thanks to Sprocket as well.
Last edited by NicholasMarks on November 14th, 2016, 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
NicholasMarks

Postby sarniajoy » November 14th, 2016, 9:03 am

I believe prayer can have a placebo effect and help the person who is praying. However, I don't think there is any god listening to those prayers. Of course occasionally the prayers have a positive outcome, and people offer god praise, but don't blame it when the outcome isn't what they wished for. They make the excuse, 'god said no, and knows best', even when refusing the request isn't reasonable.
Last edited by sarniajoy on November 14th, 2016, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
sarniajoy

Postby NicholasMarks » November 14th, 2016, 9:14 am

Sarniajoy wrote:I believe prayer can have placebo effect and help the person who is praying. However I don't think there is any god listening to those prayers. Of course occasionally the prayers have a positive outcome, and offer god praise, but don't blame it when the outcome isn't what they wished for. They make the excuse, 'god said no and knows best', even when refusing the request isn't reasonable.

Had you read about Almighty God's Hadron Collider...Sarniajoy, you would know that there is an invisible, superabundance of the force that created the universe and which is the spiritual flesh and blood of Almighty God himself. We, at our intellectual level, aren't expected to understand the science that Almighty God presented through Jesus Christ, just respect it for the righteousness that is embodied in it, but I can help...Jesus and Almighty God were teaching us how to harness that same force for the purpose of our health and welfare. A spiritual force that feeds evolution and, if we choose, our own inner strength for the purpose of repair, resurrection, and ultimately...everlasting life.
NicholasMarks

Postby sarniajoy » November 14th, 2016, 11:39 am

NicholasMarks wrote:
Sarniajoy wrote:I believe prayer can have placebo effect and help the person who is praying. However I don't think there is any god listening to those prayers. Of course occasionally the prayers have a positive outcome, and offer god praise, but don't blame it when the outcome isn't what they wished for. They make the excuse, 'god said no and knows best', even when refusing the request isn't reasonable.

Had you read about Almighty God's Hadron Collider...Sarniajoy, you would know that there is an invisible, superabundance of the force that created the universe and which is the spiritual flesh and blood of Almighty God himself. We, at our intellectual level, aren't expected to understand the science that Almighty God presented through Jesus Christ, just respect it for the righteousness that is embodied in it, but I can help...Jesus and Almighty God were teaching us how to harness that same force for the purpose of our health and welfare. A spiritual force that feeds evolution and, if we choose, our own inner strength for the purpose of repair, resurrection, and ultimately...everlasting life.

Oh dear! :roll:
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » November 14th, 2016, 12:37 pm

I don't know what you are worried about if you don't believe in it anyway.

Regarding the placebo effect, I've no objection to that. If someone feels better :blackeye: :good: , it's good.
Lyn

Postby sarniajoy » November 14th, 2016, 1:29 pm

Lyn wrote:I don't know what you are worried about if you don't believe in it anyway.

Regarding the placebo effect, I've no objection to that. If someone feels better :blackeye: :good: , it's good.

Who says I am worried? :roll:
sarniajoy

Postby NicholasMarks » November 14th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:
NicholasMarks wrote:

Oh dear! :roll:

Take a tip from the lilies in the valley, Sarniajoy, neither do they toil nor spin, but truly I say to you that Solomon, in all his glory, was not arrayed as wonderfully as one of these.

Here we have Jesus talking about genetics. The wonderful nature of the electric forces that bring plant life alive and display them all so beautifully. It's all down to Almighty God's 'dynamic energy' which is a free energy drawn from the spiritual ether that surrounds us all but which requires a little skill in harnessing. Clearly the lilies in the valley have harnessed it and by tuning into their frequency of humbleness, meekness and righteous endurance...we can harness it too...and thereby progressively soothe, calm, and repair our own genetic health.

Those who reject righteousness are excused.
NicholasMarks

Next

Return to About Christianity