Pope Francis

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Pope Francis

Postby Pondero » March 11th, 2017, 8:32 pm

Since we are talking about the Church, in other places I will zero in on what many Catholics are seeing in Pope Francis. We see a man trying to destroy the Church from within. A man who says " Who am I to judge". A man who says something like " An atheist is better than some (kind) of Catholic"
We see a man who invited Paul Ehrlich author of the Population Bomb (1968) to give a talk on population control this month. We see the Pope giving an audience to a notorious Italian woman abortion provider, and inviting two people as man and wife to meet him who are really of the same sex, and accepting their ",marriage"
We see a Pope who speaks with forked tongue in Amoris Laetitia, who will not clear up ambiguities after four Cardinals and many nameless ones asked him to in the Dubia. Still no answer on that question.
I can go on if I look up the incidences of appalling utterances by our present Pope. He is an extreme Modernist.

We traditionalists pray for the Pope that he may change for the better, but meanwhile we in the church militant are preparing for spiritual battle to elect a very orthodox traditional Pope to succeed Pope Francis. We do this first at the parish level , and move on from there.

This counter revolution will be organised,
Last edited by Pondero on March 11th, 2017, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
Pondero

Re: Pope Francis

Postby Pondero » March 11th, 2017, 8:46 pm

Even on EWTN priests are interviewed who are concerned about the words and actions of Pope Francis.Many others on the internet criticise him too.There is no doubt that Pope Francis is trying to change the Church from within and that his utterances to journalists are well planned and not careless mistakes, he is far too clever for that.
The Holy Spirit will prevent him from making ex cathedra pronouncements on faith and morals which are contrary to church teaching.We know he won't change the Church as much as he wants to and traditionalists will later change it back again.
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
Pondero

Postby Lyn » March 11th, 2017, 8:50 pm

(Most of this I cut from my last post on the Int. Womens Day thread)

It is considered, in traditional circles, to be sacrilegious to speak ill of the clergy, Pope most of all
. I don't agree with that and congratulate you for doing so even though I part company with you when it comes to your opinion of the current Pope.\

I presume you mean Paul Ehrlich and not Erlichson; no reason why there should not be discourse between the Catholic hierarchy and himself, he may be right though we have had warnings for eons about population explosions, even here in the 1970s.

Certainly, in very poor countries where there is hardship due to famine, war or plain economics, it is imperative that the people take control of the birth rate (I wouldn't want to see it forced on anyone as it is in China).

The Pope is correct than an atheist can be better than some Catholics! That must be plain for all to see.

Pope Francis lives in the real world, unlike many in their ivory towers. He is a breath of fresh air.

It's possible that will be a return to the fold of some lapsed Catholics because of him, maybe even some converts.

However, you do not have to agree with him and he won't be around forever, he is in his eighties.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » March 11th, 2017, 8:57 pm

Some of your views I agree with ,others I don't. But, I will leave our differences aside for now.

Before Christmas Vatican correspondent Walter Mayr * reported on a leaked quote allegedly said by Pope Francis to a small group:( For"Der Spiegel"*)
"It should not be ruled out that I will enter history as the one who split the Catholic Church,"
Pondero

Postby Pondero » March 12th, 2017, 8:29 pm

I think that Modernists like Charles Curran ,to mention one; are the dissenters from full Catholic dogma who never really had the Faith in the first place.I think Pope Francis is one of those people.
In my case I accepted the teaching in it's fullness with child like simplicity at the age of 19.
These Modernists thought that the Church was wrong in some, not all of its teachings. The honest thing to do if that is the case is to leave the Church.However, they achieved education , position and power through the Church and decided to stay.Dishonest though this is, I can understand it.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » March 12th, 2017, 9:06 pm

No-one should swallow things whole, Pondy.

You said: Before Christmas Vatican correspondent Walter Mayr * reported on a leaked quote allegedly said by Pope Francis to a small group:( For"Der Spiegel"*)
"It should not be ruled out that I will enter history as the one who split the Catholic Church,"

Well, it is an alleged quote but it is quite likely that the Pope was asked if he might be the one who split the Catholic Church, to which he replied, "I might, anything is possible".

Personally I think the Church will be a stronger organisation because of him but we have to wait and see how things pan out.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » March 12th, 2017, 9:50 pm

Are you talking about my conversion as a young man Lyn, because if you are I didn't immediately believe the doctrine of the Catholic Church, but it is a religion where you have to believe all of it, as the Apostles did towards the end of their lives with Jesus.
I have explained in another post how I came to believe in the Catholic Church as the true Church, and I am not going to explain that again

I don't know your reasons for saying the Church will be a much stronger Church because of Pope Francis..

EDIT.
Even at nineteen years of age I could see that this religion "made sense" only if all of it was believed. . I think what clinched it for me were the miracles at Lourdes that I read about.
Pondero

Postby Pondero » April 5th, 2017, 11:10 pm

The more I read about him the more I call on divine intervention to upset all his schemes to change the church.And unfortunately I read a lot about him, some of the people the present pope has appointed are shocking. For example Archbishop Vincenzo Paglio is now in charge of life and family issues at the Vatican!
This is a man who commissioned a portrait of himself which can only be called homoerotic .It is in an Argentinian cathedral . Paglio is also in charge of Pope John Paul II Institute for studies on Marriage and Family.Things are getting worse at the Vatican!

By his actions the Pope and Archbishop Vincenzo Palglia are implying that evil is good and wrong is right.
As one art critic said of the archbishop's homoerotic painting of himself in a homo embrace wearing a skull cap for identification , he ought to be shipped off to a hermitage.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » April 5th, 2017, 11:27 pm

This is the mural in case anyone is interested. It's certainly different! Don't know about homoerotic. It depicts Christ carrying all sorts of people in nets (inc homosexuals and prostitutes)(the other net contains women), to Heaven:
https://lifesite-cache.s3.amazonaws.com ... 691_55.jpg

This is a close up of one of the nets holding homosexuals, one of which is said to be a picture of the archbishop:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/leadi ... mmissioned

This is Vincenzo Paglia:
http://www.vincenzopaglia.it/wp-content ... 30_486.jpg

Wiki entry about Archbishop Paglia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincenzo_Paglia
Lyn

Postby Pondero » April 5th, 2017, 11:35 pm

That is not the mural at all I am referring to , only a part of it under the net which you cannot see may be it. It has been in an Argentinian Cathedral since Archbishop Paglia commissioned it in 2007.
I will try to find it.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/vatic ... happy-manp

The comments of the American Art Critic are included.

This is just one example of what is being taught by the Church of Rome under Pope Francis. I could look up places where he himself has made comments that contradict all previous church teaching. One thing Pope Francis has not done , and according to the bible *cannot do is declare ex cathedra something to be believed by a all Catholics that is not true. The Pope is infallible when he speaks thus, and the last time a Pope did this was in 1950 when Pope Pius XII spoke ex cathedra and declared that the dogma of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary was to be believed by all Catholics. Not that it had not been believed in the past but because someone somewhere had probably challenged it as an article of Faith, and it needed defining.

*Tu es Petros and upon this rock I will build my church, And the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. Mat 16:18
Pondero

Next

Return to About Christianity