Another RCC scandal

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Another RCC scandal

Postby gone » June 29th, 2017, 10:16 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

If this guy is guilty of the multiple sexual abuse charges against him, I hope they lock him up and throw away the key.

Whilst churches of other denominations have clergy who are sexual perverts like the Anglican Bishop whom Carey tried to protect, it is the Catholic church which seems to have been covering for so many of its priests who are guilty of this offence!
gone

Re: Another RCC scandal

Postby SwordOfTheSpirit » June 29th, 2017, 12:22 pm

From Romans 2 Sarniajoy

2 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things. 3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:

and Romans 3:

10 As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one;

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

and Romans 6:

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord

and Romans 8:

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus
SwordOfTheSpirit

Postby Lyn » June 29th, 2017, 12:40 pm

I hadn't heard of this 'scandal' before reading this thread but it will probably be all over the news for a while.
You seem to be relishing it Sarnia!

The man may be innocent so let us wait and see what evidence is brought against him. If he is found guilty he'll be punished which is right and proper but it isn't up to us to decide.

(Sword, very good quotation.)
Lyn

Postby gone » June 29th, 2017, 12:51 pm

Lyn wrote:I hadn't heard of this 'scandal' before reading this thread but it will probably be all over the news for a while.
You seem to be relishing it Sarnia!

The man may be innocent so let us wait and see what evidence is brought against him. If he is found guilty he'll be punished which is right and proper but it isn't up to us to decide.

(Sword, very good quotation.)

I don't relish the idea of paedophiles who are beyond evil, imo, the damage they do. The ghastly RCC which has covered up for paedophile priests for so long should be dismantled, in my opinion, as it is no good to man or beast. :twisted:

If god exists and is looking down at what is done in its name, maybe it gets off on the acts of sexual perverts! :o
gone

Postby Sprocket » June 29th, 2017, 12:55 pm

He denies all the charges, so we should give him the benefit of the doubt unless and until he is convicted.
A cat once got frozen to -273 C, but it's 0k now.
Sprocket

Postby gone » June 29th, 2017, 1:25 pm

Sprocket wrote:He denies all the charges, so we should give him the benefit of the doubt unless and until he is convicted.

Well will see what happens when he gets to court.
gone

Postby Lyn » June 29th, 2017, 3:57 pm

That is exactly what I said and what Sword implied!
This sort of news is nothing about which to rub our hands in glee.
Lyn

Return to About Christianity