Maltese Catholics United for the Faith

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Maltese Catholics United for the Faith

Postby Pondero » July 18th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Well, here is the full page ad printed in Malta Today. It shows opposition to Archbishop Scicluna and indirectly to Pope Francis, whose wishes he is following .

Full text of the Malta Catholics' ad
IT'S GAY. BUT NOT MARRIAGE.
All relationships matter. But not all relationships are Marriage.
We respect everyone, be they teachers, nuns, gays, immigrants, or self-employed. We cherish our children dearly. We are grateful to mother nature and enjoy our pets' companionship. Respect is at the heart of it all. But the sanctity of marriage, between husband and wife, doesn’t grant a right to everyone to marry anyone.
Nor does it grant a right to cynical political leaders to incrementally beef up their standing at the ballot box by promising or enacting gay marriage laws for the 1%. Same-sex marriage is unnatural. It runs against natural law as designed by God and handed down to us through every generation in our Maltese history.
This is why we take a stand for marriage as a union between husband and wife. If we don't take a public stand about what marriage is, our political parties will corrupt its meaning and enforce what it shouldn’t be. The main electoral programs are glorifying sin, and no sin should be placed in the spotlight and glorified.
God has a plan for your life. The political class has a plan for your life too. Be ready for both. Just be wise enough to know which one to battle and which one to embrace.
Increasingly our political class treats the nation's treasury as a cookie jar in which it plunges its hands with wanton selfishness. Million euro payments to party law firms, contracts for cooked-up energy futures, and fake loan repayments in secretive banks are the order of the day. The authorities see nothing, do nothing. It’s daylight rape against our families' meager fortunes and precarious future.
"As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live," said St John Paul II.
Let us join together for the courage and grace to defend the sanctity of marriage in the midst of a corrupt political class.
Don’t vote for gay marriage even if it means not voting at all. Instead, take a stand for traditional marriage. Don’t compromise your faith at the altar of a diabolical political system. Call the Devil for what he truly is and embrace God instead.
Our corrupt politicians think they are free to live as they choose, but they are NOT free to redefine Marriage for the rest of us.
Last edited by Pondero on July 18th, 2017, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
Pondero

Re: Maltese Catholics United for the Faith

Postby Lyn » July 18th, 2017, 9:54 pm

Lyn

Postby Pondero » July 18th, 2017, 10:07 pm

Yes, I have read it, and get the drift of it. The Archbishop Scicluna is running scared as he has met opposition that is why he came out denouncing the newspaper ad opposing gay marriage.
I think we are going to see some theological fireworks soon. The Archbishop in order to have his way has to convince all the people , not just the 1% of the population who are gay. (Unlike King Henry VIII who was able to lie and then later on squash the rebellion of the people behind the Pilgrimage of Grace,) Malta does not have an army willing to do that. I think the people who wrote the newspaper ad will prevail.
We live at a time ...characterized by a subliminal relativism that penetrates every area of life. Sometimes this relativism becomes aggressive, when it opposes those who say that they know where the truth or meaning of life is to be found. Benedict XV1.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » July 18th, 2017, 10:11 pm

I wonder what percentage of Maltese Catholics are behind that article? It would be interesting to know.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » July 18th, 2017, 10:18 pm

Lyn wrote:I wonder what percentage of Maltese Catholics are behind that article? It would be interesting to know.

I bet it is more than the 1% who are gay.
Pondero

Postby Pondero » July 20th, 2017, 5:17 pm

I talked to a Canadian who has dual citizenship and a passport for MaltaGC. He said, that the Parliament had to agree to have same-sex marriage because the EU wanted it. I sincerely doubt that*. However, our disagreement on religion ended when I said that "let us agree to differ" and he continued on . I walked away back to my CR-V saying " You don't believe in anything."
He thinks that change is everything and everything must change, from divorce allowed in 2011, to same-sex unions allowed I think around 2014 and now same-sex marriage allowed this July in MaltaGC.
The man offered no argument except that all the Parliamentarians of the Labour and Nationalist opposition parties voted for same-sex marriage ,(except one MP.). That of course doesn't it make it right. I got no where with him and we had both received communion at the Maltese Church this morning, and he is a brother -in- law too. He is absolutely convinced he is right. The Catholic Church in MaltaGC ( and elsewhere) is in a bad state. :banghead:
EDIT
* The EU wanted it, but I sincerely doubt they forced it on MaltaGC. There are other countries in the EU, opposed to same-sex marriage.
Among them Poland, Bulgaria, and Lithuania as well as others.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » July 21st, 2017, 4:38 am

It is important for gays but doesn't just concern gay people, many supported them. It is 50 years since the law changed, here, allowing SS relationships between consenting adults in private. Some stories are very moving, two elderly men who had been in a stable relationship for 50 years were at Gay Pride in London. They had no resentment towards people who have more freedom now, they were glad but spoke of how difficult it was for them.

If you read about Alan Turing, you will weep. There are many more stories.

What the historian David Starkey (whom I dislike but that's irrelevant), has to say about being a gay man is very sad.
Lyn

Postby Pondero » July 21st, 2017, 9:40 am

Same sex unions are against the law God. And homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered.This does not mean that Alan Turing that great English computer scientist and mathematician who was partly responsible for the cracking of German codes in WW2 should have been subject to imprisonment for his homosexual lifestyle.The laws have been changed and we no longer jail practising gays.It should have stopped there, no further legislative action was necessary.
Pondero

Postby Lyn » July 21st, 2017, 10:34 am

I accept that is what you believe even if I don't agree. :hello:
Lyn

Return to About Christianity