Do we have a loving God in the Bible? Or a cruel God?

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Re: Do we have a loving God in the Bible? Or a cruel God?

Postby Sprocket » December 7th, 2017, 5:20 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:
Sprocket wrote:You're back then, Sarnia. I see you haven't changed the record yet. Is that obnoxious little shit Blue Hillside still spouting his poison over on R&E? I'm banned until February, because I finally lost my temper with the pathetic little wank-sock's non-stop laboured sarcasm and delusional belief that he knows something about philosophy because he can parrot the names of some logical fallacies, and told him to go fuck himself.

I haven't been banned for three months from R&E, like someone I could mention! :mrgreen: Your posts didn't do you any favours at all, they were pretty pathetic.

I think I showed admirable patience in the face of that nasty little troll's attacks. If you called people "sexist creep" and the like over there, as you did Pondy on here, you'd be banned in pretty short order, so don't take advantage of our tolerance.
A cat once got frozen to -273 C, but it's 0k now.
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » December 7th, 2017, 5:25 pm

Sarniajoy wrote:
Lyn wrote:Things must have changed over there Steve. When I was posting BHS was very popular :D but I honestly don't remember much of what he said now, only his name.
There's a group of pseuds who try to outdo and talk down to everyone else, they each have a certain mindset which does get tedious after a while; they never let anything go, perhaps they can't help themselves.

(Sarniajay may not be able to help herself either but in her case there's no chance of her outdoing or talking down to anyone ;) .)

BHS is still popular it is Sprocket who made an ass of himself with some of his posts!

Sprocket doesn't make a fool of himself. Would you understand his or BHS's posts anyway?
Lyn

Postby gone » December 7th, 2017, 5:30 pm

Lyn wrote:
Sarniajoy wrote:
Lyn wrote:Things must have changed over there Steve. When I was posting BHS was very popular :D but I honestly don't remember much of what he said now, only his name.
There's a group of pseuds who try to outdo and talk down to everyone else, they each have a certain mindset which does get tedious after a while; they never let anything go, perhaps they can't help themselves.

(Sarniajay may not be able to help herself either but in her case there's no chance of her outdoing or talking down to anyone ;) .)

BHS is still popular it is Sprocket who made an ass of himself with some of his posts!

Sprocket doesn't make a fool of himself. Would you understand his or BHS's posts anyway?

Well he certainly made a crazy fool of himself on R&E which was why he was suspended again almost as soon as he got back from his first suspension.

Of course I understand their posts.
gone

Postby Lyn » December 7th, 2017, 5:31 pm

I bet you don't.
Lyn

Postby gone » December 7th, 2017, 6:33 pm

Lyn wrote:I bet you don't.

Of course you were banned from R&E too, hmmmmmmmmm!
gone

Postby Lyn » December 7th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Yes I was, not ashamed of that. There were no hard feelings, just difference of opinion but that is ancient history Sarnia.
I would think Sprocket must have been pushed to the limit to let rip like that, it's out of character. You must know that, you've known him for years!
Lyn

Postby Pondero » December 7th, 2017, 9:55 pm

I don't think anyone has ever been suspended from St.Thads for anything at all!
It makes you wonder why not?
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

Postby Sprocket » December 7th, 2017, 10:12 pm

What I got from British Home Stores was non-stop, laboured sarcasm about any opinion I posted, and him thinking he'd found, or pretending to find, logical fallacies in most of them - pure nonsense, of course. The last straw was when, after I mentioned quantum uncertainty in some connection, he made fun of me yet again, and then said "this will be beyond you, but..." followed by a very patronising explanation, as if I didn't know what it was, which I do, at least in layman's terms. He is a complete and utter arsehole.
Lyn is absolutely right about the pseuds; what a bunch of wankers! On one unbelievably pretentious thread, I posted, in giant red moving capital letters (i.e. moving from left to right - you can do that over there) DANGER- PRETENTIOUSNESS AT CRITICAL LEVEL!.
Sprocket

Postby Sprocket » December 7th, 2017, 10:12 pm

Pondero wrote:I don't think anyone has ever been suspended from St.Thads for anything at all!
It makes you wonder why not?

Because only Sally, as far as I know, has that power, and she is very rarely around these days.
Sprocket

Postby Pondero » December 7th, 2017, 11:26 pm

Where is she?
I was in two minds whether to make a complaint about being called names by Sarniajoy, but did not do so.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
Pondero

PreviousNext

Return to About Christianity