Pope Francis to Visit ireland

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Re: Pope Francis to Visit ireland

Postby sarniajoy » January 23rd, 2018, 8:37 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-42780327

I see Frankie has sort of apologised for upsetting people with his remarks last week about sexual abuse in Chile. But is still claiming the Bishop who is accused of covering up for a paedophile priest is innocent!
sarniajoy

Postby Sprocket » January 23rd, 2018, 8:43 am

How do you know he isn't?
Treason doth never prosper: what's the reason?
Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
Sir John Harington (1561-1620)
Sprocket

Postby sarniajoy » January 23rd, 2018, 9:10 am

Sprocket wrote:How do you know he isn't?

Oh come on the crappy RCC has been covering up for its paedophile priests forever!
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » January 23rd, 2018, 9:26 am

Stop saying, "RCC", and harping on about paedophile priests as if that was the only thing the Catholic Church is known for. Don't you know any Catholics?
I'm sure if we were talking about a Catholic school day's
outing to Broadstairs or two nuns in a car accident you'd bring it back to to that. It's wearing a bit thin. Play another tune - and that's coming from someone who likes you. You come across as bigoted and ignorant.

None of what you said has owt to do with the Pope's visit to Ireland and Francis is a good egg from what I can see.

Exactly. People are innocent until proven guilty.
Lyn

Postby sarniajoy » January 23rd, 2018, 10:24 am

Lyn wrote:Stop saying, "RCC", and harping on about paedophile priests as if that was the only thing the Catholic Church is known for. Don't you know any Catholics?
I'm sure if we were talking about a Catholic school day's
outing to Broadstairs or two nuns in a car accident you'd bring it back to to that. It's wearing a bit thin. Play another tune - and that's coming from someone who likes you. You come across as bigoted and ignorant.

None of what you said has owt to do with the Pope's visit to Ireland and Francis is a good egg from what I can see.

Exactly. People are innocent until proven guilty.

Paedophile priests stand out as one of the things the RCC is infamous for, there are plenty of others of course!
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » January 23rd, 2018, 12:20 pm

So famous that you mention it at the drop of a hat even when not relevant.
Lyn

Postby sarniajoy » January 25th, 2018, 8:54 am

Lyn wrote:So famous that you mention it at the drop of a hat even when not relevant.

Relevant or not, I will keep mentioning it until the RCC reports them all to the police so justice can be seen to be done.
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » January 25th, 2018, 10:00 am

This thread is about the Pope's visit to Ireland.
Lyn

Postby sarniajoy » January 25th, 2018, 10:37 am

Lyn wrote:This thread is about the Pope's visit to Ireland.

Frankie wouldn't be going to Ireland if it was to visit members of that doctrine. That poor country would have been better off if it had not been invested by that religion. I speak as one who has dual British and Irish nationality.
sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » January 25th, 2018, 10:47 am

Frankie wouldn't be going to Ireland if it was to visit members of that doctrine.

I don't understand what you mean. He will be visiting the country to meet Catholics.
Ireland has moved on in leaps and bounds in recent times, no longer in the grip of the Catholic Church. Yet there are an enormous amount of Catholics, most quite liberal in outlook, who will be pleased to see the Pope in their land and have a jolly good celebration while he's there. I don't see anything wrong with that if it's what people want.

I'm half Irish (Ulster). Can't say I feel any particular affinity to Ireland though.
Lyn

PreviousNext

Return to About Christianity