Is euthania Christian and has it gone too far.

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

Re: Is euthania Christian and has it gone too far.

Postby Lyn » February 1st, 2018, 1:47 pm

Because this thread is a general one, we are discussing euthanasia and medication in general, not how it has applied to us or our family. We could all chip in with personal stories about relatives and it would end up being about us and them rather than an objective discussion (we all do it at times). There are other areas on the forum for talking about personal things if we want to. In any case most of us already know the stories about eachother's loved ones. When I saw you had posted I instinctively knew your post would be about your father as you've said it often before.
Lyn

Postby Sprocket » February 1st, 2018, 1:54 pm

Also, anecdotes prove nothing.
Brendan Behan once went on a lecture tour of Canada. On his arrival, a reporter asked him why he'd come to Canada. Behan replied "I saw an advert that said 'Drink Canada Dry', and I thought 'I'll try anything once!'"
Sprocket

Postby Sarniajoy » February 1st, 2018, 2:30 pm

Lyn wrote:Because this thread is a general one, we are discussing euthanasia and medication in general, not how it has applied to us or our family. We could all chip in with personal stories about relatives and it would end up being about us and them rather than an objective discussion (we all do it at times). There are other areas on the forum for talking about personal things if we want to. In any case most of us already know the stories about eachother's loved ones. When I saw you had posted I instinctively knew your post would be about your father as you've said it often before.

The great Lyn hath spoken! :lol:
Sarniajoy

Postby Lyn » February 1st, 2018, 2:54 pm

I didn't mean it like that.
Sprocket has summed up what I meant in one sentence.

Sprocket wrote:Also, anecdotes prove nothing.
Lyn

Previous

Return to About Christianity