Evolution and God

For discussions about religion, but not specifically Christianity.
Forum rules
For discussions about religion, but not specifically Christianity. Christians and members of any faith or of no faith are welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times. Remember that detailed discussion about the beliefs of a particular faith will be difficult if no member of that faith is available to take part.

Re: Evolution and God

Postby Pondero » October 31st, 2016, 9:55 am

You say you are not a scientist NicholasMarks and I believe that based on your writing so far. It would be helpful if you state what religious denomination you most like. I can see in your posts views similar to those of Christian Scientists and JWs..

My own guess is that you have formed your own religious views which confirm to none currently in existence as a Christian denomination.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
User avatar
Pondero
 
Posts: 12473
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Etobicoke,Ontario, Canada

Re: Evolution and God

Postby NicholasMarks » October 31st, 2016, 10:14 am

Pondero wrote:You say you are not a scientist NicholasMarks and I believe that based on your writing so far. It would be helpful if you state what religious denomination you most like. I can see in your posts views similar to those of Christian Scientists and JWs..

My own guess is that you have formed your own religious views which confirm to none currently in existence as a Christian denomination.


We, you and I, have been through this before Pondero...Twice...My answer is always the same...I have prayed with CofE...Christadelphians... and Jehovah's Witnesses...and I have read the Holy Bible...but the call from Jesus is to guide us all to a new and profound righteous teaching which offers us all his promises...that is, that his teaching will never change...but by his teaching we can repair, be resurrected, and have everlasting life, and though I am not a scientist nor attached to any scientific based church...I can see a science beaming out of Jesus' accurate teaching...especially as it is shown to be repeatable, over and over again, by the millions who have tried to follow him since his resurrection.

Now...should I say to myself...though I can see light at the end of the tunnel I should deny anyone else the same light??...that wouldn't be very righteous, would it??
NicholasMarks
 
Posts: 210
Joined: October 15th, 2016, 10:36 am

Re: Evolution and God

Postby Pondero » October 31st, 2016, 10:53 am

I see Nicholas, you have formed your own religious views which are a hotch potch, of the views of other denominations, and it is your intent to inform us , the great unwashed , of them, and to convert us to your way of thinking.
Well good luck on that.
I remain thank God, a Roman Catholic.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
User avatar
Pondero
 
Posts: 12473
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Etobicoke,Ontario, Canada

Re: Evolution and God

Postby Lyn » October 31st, 2016, 11:54 am

What you say is fair enough, Pondy, but I can hardly believe you repeated a question to Nicholas at 9.55am today, that you had already asked him and to which he had previously replied. It wasn't that long ago.
Lyn
 
Posts: 46845
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:25 am

Re: Evolution and God

Postby Pondero » October 31st, 2016, 12:12 pm

NicholasMarks says who he has prayed with , not what he believes Lyn. His Hodge podge of religious views is his own specific take on religion.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
User avatar
Pondero
 
Posts: 12473
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Etobicoke,Ontario, Canada

Re: Evolution and God

Postby NicholasMarks » October 31st, 2016, 1:25 pm

Pondero wrote:NicholasMarks says who he has prayed with , not what he believes Lyn. His Hodge podge of religious views is his own specific take on religion.



I couldn't make it clearer to you Pondero...I believe in the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ...as he spoke it...as he taught it, and as he lived it. Now you seem to take great offence at this but Jesus didn't live another life to accommodate Catholics or CofE...or any other religion...he taught us one teaching and if that teaching identifies a science, who am I to argue??...but don't think that presenting that science is child's play...it tends to rub people up the wrong way...just as Jesus seems to do.
NicholasMarks
 
Posts: 210
Joined: October 15th, 2016, 10:36 am

Re: Evolution and God

Postby Pondero » October 31st, 2016, 1:34 pm

NicholasMarks wrote:
Pondero wrote:NicholasMarks says who he has prayed with , not what he believes Lyn. His Hodge podge of religious views is his own specific take on religion.



I couldn't make it clearer to you Pondero...I believe in the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ...as he spoke it...as he taught it, and as he lived it. Now you seem to take great offence at this but Jesus didn't live another life to accommodate Catholics or CofE...or any other religion...he taught us one teaching and if that teaching identifies a science, who am I to argue??...but don't think that presenting that science is child's play...it tends to rub people up the wrong way...just as Jesus seems to do.


The very word Science was not used until the middle of the 19th century. Before that it was called Natural Philosophy, so I don't see how you can use the word in describing teachings of the Bible.
The Catholic Church was there over 2000 years ago, and is the original Church and they, not you Nicholas give the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.
If your mind is your brain and your brain is just material , would you rely on it?
John Lennox
User avatar
Pondero
 
Posts: 12473
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Etobicoke,Ontario, Canada

Re: Evolution and God

Postby NicholasMarks » October 31st, 2016, 2:30 pm

Pondero wrote:
NicholasMarks wrote:
Pondero wrote:NicholasMarks says who he has prayed with , not what he believes Lyn. His Hodge podge of religious views is his own specific take on religion.



I couldn't make it clearer to you Pondero...I believe in the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ...as he spoke it...as he taught it, and as he lived it. Now you seem to take great offence at this but Jesus didn't live another life to accommodate Catholics or CofE...or any other religion...he taught us one teaching and if that teaching identifies a science, who am I to argue??...but don't think that presenting that science is child's play...it tends to rub people up the wrong way...just as Jesus seems to do.


The very word Science was not used until the middle of the 19th century. Before that it was called Natural Philosophy, so I don't see how you can use the word in describing teachings of the Bible.
The Catholic Church was there over 2000 years ago, and is the original Church and they, not you Nicholas give the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ.


The reason why the word science was not used was because it was an unknown...certainly to the people that Jesus wanted to talk to but the evidence of a science, in the form of miracles, were all around his teaching. Almighty God is the owner of all science because he is the personification of all the energy and all the laws that created science...he speaks as a booming voice, and the owner of all those laws and Jesus, by faith, walked his righteous path knowing that God would interact with him in a very personal way because Jesus was speaking and acting according to God's righteous laws...and we must too.

It doesn't matter which faith we identify ourselves by as long as we are guarded against doing unrighteous things believing that they are the wishes of Jesus and Almighty God...Only Jesus' accurate teaching guarantees that.
NicholasMarks
 
Posts: 210
Joined: October 15th, 2016, 10:36 am

Re: Evolution and God

Postby different glory » November 7th, 2016, 5:03 am

Hello, Nicholas! I'm a Thaddean who's been cut off from communicating here for several weeks, so this is the first I've met you, or read your posts. Pleased to meet you! :hello:

I won't go all the way back to read this whole thread, though. I don't see any problem with the general outline of evolutionary theory - the precise mechanics of the process is still under research of course.
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works. - Psalm 26
User avatar
different glory
 
Posts: 3544
Joined: July 25th, 2008, 3:58 am

Re: Evolution and God

Postby NicholasMarks » November 7th, 2016, 6:45 pm

different glory wrote:Hello, Nicholas! I'm a Thaddean who's been cut off from communicating here for several weeks, so this is the first I've met you, or read your posts. Pleased to meet you! :hello:

I won't go all the way back to read this whole thread, though. I don't see any problem with the general outline of evolutionary theory - the precise mechanics of the process is still under research of course.


Hi different glory...I tend to rub people up the wrong way so be warned. It's not because I try to it is because I see a teaching in the Holy Bible which is vitally important but others prefer their own vital importance to Jesus' teaching. As I see it evolution merges with Jesus' teaching. This is proven in my eyes because he teaches us to soothe and calm our genetic health for the purpose of repair and if we can talk to our genetics in this way the door opens wide open to many genetic disturbance even those inflicted upon us by the sins of our forefathers. It all gets very complicated...mainly because few are well versed in the accurate teaching of Jesus Christ...but there we go...thank you for your welcome.
NicholasMarks
 
Posts: 210
Joined: October 15th, 2016, 10:36 am

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Stick

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests