How would you respond to this?

For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view.
Forum rules
For discussions about Christianity, from any point of view. Christians and those of any other faith or of none are equally welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times.

How would you respond to this?

Postby Sprocket » December 29th, 2016, 10:54 pm

From a local Facebook group:
Any Medium's on here. I have a tendency to welcome spirits into my home and have no clue how to clear them from my house? Serious responses only please. It's affecting my kids. TIA!
I've advised her to contact a priest or minister, but she's determined to see a medium. I've told her that mediums are at best sincere but deluded, but she won't have it.
Supercrappyfarcicalishbrexitisatrocious.
Sprocket

Re: How would you respond to this?

Postby GregB » December 30th, 2016, 8:35 am

I have a tendency to welcome spirits into my house, too - McCallan, Johnnie Walker, Ballantyne, Smirnoff, Gordon's, etc. etc.

I think the poor woman is probably deluded as I don't hold with spirit possession or the supposed power of mediums so, at best, consulting one of the latter would simply be a placebo. She could always buy several DVD's of 'The Exorcist' and distribute them about the house...
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
- Cicero
GregB

Postby sarniajoy » December 30th, 2016, 8:42 am

Having had experience of so called mediums and exorcists, I think anyone believing in 'evil spirits' is deluded.
sarniajoy

Postby Sprocket » December 30th, 2016, 9:14 am

I thought at first that "TIA" was a mis-type for "ta", but since i is nowhere near either t or a on a standard keyboard, that seemed unlikely. The penny has just dropped - "thanks in advance".
I agree with Greg and Sj - there are no such things as ghosts or spirits of the dead. She is deluded, and so are mediums (at best - some are charlatans).
Supercrappyfarcicalishbrexitisatrocious.
Sprocket

Postby Lyn » December 30th, 2016, 9:10 pm

To me, "TIA" is an abbreviation for, "Transient Ischaemic Attack", a 'mini stroke'. So I now I know it means something else too.

She certainly is deluded, Sprocks, but you have said what anyone could say so leave it alone for now. It's dangerous stuff even if it does amount to nothing; getting too close to such things can have an adverse psychological effect.
Lyn

Return to About Christianity