Spiders

For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly
Forum rules
For general chat on any topic, as long as it stays friendly

Spiders

Postby Pondero » October 21st, 2017, 10:54 am

My wife found a big orange spider on the porch and it looked like a stone, as it's legs were hidden. I think I have identified it as an orb Weaver spider.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=orb+weav ... e&ie=UTF-8
According to one study, the average adult has a shorter attention span (eight seconds) than a goldfish (nine seconds).
This is not surprising in today's wired , or wified world.
User avatar
Pondero
 
Posts: 12642
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Etobicoke,Ontario, Canada

Re: Spiders

Postby Lyn » October 21st, 2017, 12:00 pm

Disgusting, the picture should be removed immediately.
;)
Lyn
 
Posts: 49573
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:25 am

Re: Spiders

Postby sarniajoy » October 26th, 2017, 1:33 pm

I LOVE SPIDERS! I have had several tarantulas over the years. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sarniajoy
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: September 28th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Re: Spiders

Postby Lyn » October 26th, 2017, 2:31 pm

OO-er! I'm scared of big spiders but not as much as I was when younger so hope I can embrace a tarantula in the future (welcome back btw).
Lyn
 
Posts: 49573
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:25 am

Re: Spiders

Postby sarniajoy » October 26th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Lyn wrote:OO-er! I'm scared of big spiders but not as much as I was when younger so hope I can embrace a tarantula in the future (welcome back btw).


Thanks. :)
sarniajoy
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: September 28th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Re: Spiders

Postby GregB » October 26th, 2017, 3:25 pm

I can't believe this, that you've really had the brazen chutzpah to post here again. I mean, come on, for heaven's sake, are you really insensitive enough to actually have the nerve to return here when you left for the umpteenth time not so long ago under the time-honoured cloud of your special unique cloddish brand of offensiveness which, as ever, managed to get everyone's backs up? Not to mention your endless insults about this forum and its more than decent members who never remotely deserved your sour attacks on their sincerely-held beliefs. I mean, do you really think that we're all going to say, bruises notwithstanding, "Great to see Sarniajoy back"? The mind truly boggles...
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
User avatar
GregB
 
Posts: 15927
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:23 am
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: Spiders

Postby sarniajoy » October 26th, 2017, 4:12 pm

GregB wrote:I can't believe this, that you've really had the brazen chutzpah to post here again. I mean, come on, for heaven's sake, are you really insensitive enough to actually have the nerve to return here when you left for the umpteenth time not so long ago under the time-honoured cloud of your special unique cloddish brand of offensiveness which, as ever, managed to get everyone's backs up? Not to mention your endless insults about this forum and its more than decent members who never remotely deserved your sour attacks on their sincerely-held beliefs. I mean, do you really think that we're all going to say, bruises notwithstanding, "Great to see Sarniajoy back"? The mind truly boggles...


I knew you had been missing me! :D
sarniajoy
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: September 28th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Re: Spiders

Postby GregB » October 26th, 2017, 4:15 pm

The only thing that's missing is your brain - if you ever really had one that is...
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
User avatar
GregB
 
Posts: 15927
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:23 am
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Re: Spiders

Postby sarniajoy » October 26th, 2017, 4:16 pm

GregB wrote:The only thing that's missing is your brain - if you ever really had one that is...


You are funny, keep them coming! :D :D :D
sarniajoy
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: September 28th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Re: Spiders

Postby GregB » October 26th, 2017, 4:34 pm

It's the way I tell 'em! ;)

Incidentally, if you've ever had a single original thought in your life, do share it with us so that we can savour it, if only for the fifteen seconds it merits... :lol2: :hello:
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
User avatar
GregB
 
Posts: 15927
Joined: October 25th, 2007, 11:23 am
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Next

Return to Chatterbox

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron