Is it a sin to bare our flesh?

For discussions about religion, but not specifically Christianity.
Forum rules
For discussions about religion, but not specifically Christianity. Christians and members of any faith or of no faith are welcome, provided they treat others with respect at all times. Remember that detailed discussion about the beliefs of a particular faith will be difficult if no member of that faith is available to take part.

Re: Is it a sin to bare our flesh?

Postby Bev » August 22nd, 2012, 7:29 pm

GregB wrote:No, not necessarily. Looking at pictures of sluts like Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn Monroe, Madonna and their like who are supposed sexual sirens just makes me think what foul-smelling whores they really seem to be as well as the stupidity of gullible men who are fatally attracted to their feline filth and bulbous mediocrity. No, I can find a woman well clad, exposing little of her body, but projecting an achingly desirable sexual allure in subtle mystery difficult to define but impossible to resist, overwhelmingly attractive, the more so if it is never tediously consummated.

Beautifully written and probably true for most. But, it sounds like you are substantiating how showing more flesh can be related to sin. There's a big difference between being sexually attracted, for strictly sexual purposes, and being attracted to the whole woman, which obviously also includes sexual attraction.

This reminds me of something my mother used to say to us. By the way you dress (and obviously hold yourself) you can become the woman a man wants to take right into his bed, or the woman a man wants to take to meet his family (and then into his bed. :grin: )
Bev

Postby GregB » August 22nd, 2012, 8:17 pm

But, it sounds like you are substantiating how showing more flesh can be related to sin.

Not necessarily, though that is clearly so in many cases, but they are more on the basic level of a reflex action (like that of Pavlov's slavering dogs) which can lead to the need for swift gratification. The more subtle attraction I'm talking about, which owes nothing to exposed flesh, can also lead to sin, most obviously adultery - or even murder (think of films like Billy Wilder's 'Double Indemnity'.) The fact is, though, that I wasn't thinking so much about the question of sin per se as the triggers of sexual attraction and arousal and the broader context of, as you allude to, attraction to the whole woman where sexual attraction is just one element in a wider array of emotions and sensations, but which can nevertheless be powerfully radiated without resort to the usual erotic ploys.
This reminds me of something my mother used to say to us. By the way you dress (and obviously hold yourself) you can become the woman a man wants to take right into his bed, or the woman a man wants to take to meet his family (and then into his bed. )

Or the woman a man wants to take to meet his family in his bed because the poor saps all live in just the one room.... :blink:
"The wiles of dissembling fate afford us the illusion of freedom, yet in the end always lead us into the same trap."
- Jean Cocteau
GregB

Postby Bev » August 22nd, 2012, 9:45 pm

GregB wrote:Or the woman a man wants to take to meet his family in his bed because the poor saps all live in just the one room.... :blink:
:lol: :shock: :lol:
Bev

Postby Liz » August 23rd, 2012, 8:40 am

GregB wrote:
But, it sounds like you are substantiating how showing more flesh can be related to sin.

Not necessarily, though that is clearly so in many cases,

That's the thing about naturism, imo, is that because there are no clothes at all, there is nowhere to hide - you're just you. Whether you're 'modest' or not, is all to do with attitude and behaviour, rather than how you dress, itms.
Liz

Postby Lyn » August 23rd, 2012, 10:32 am

I agree with that Liz, not that I have ever done naturism but it seems to me that attitudes prevail in naturism where it is not "provocative' or 'naughty' to bare flesh, just natural. No-one is embarrassed about their body, fat or thin, young or old, because it doesn't matter.

As for what Bev said about a woman being the type of girl that a man would take home to his family, or not, it works the other way around too. Some women will fancy the pants off a man but not particularly want to introduce them into their circle of friends or family. You hear women talk about "a bit of rough", ie a builder or a fireman, whom they would like to keep as a secret, just a bit of fun, but would be mortified if anyone close to home found out.
Lyn

Postby Bev » August 23rd, 2012, 2:25 pm

Victoria Plum wrote:As for what Bev said about a woman being the type of girl that a man would take home to his family, or not, it works the other way around too. Some women will fancy the pants off a man but not particularly want to introduce them into their circle of friends or family. You hear women talk about "a bit of rough", ie a builder or a fireman, whom they would like to keep as a secret, just a bit of fun, but would be mortified if anyone close to home found out.

Really? :scratch: I have always thought most women can't really enjoy unattached, casual sex like men, that an element of emotional attachment was needed. I'm really surprised to read this.
Bev

Postby Lyn » August 23rd, 2012, 3:31 pm

I think what you say is generally true Bev and I admit to being a romantic myself, but it is not unknown for women to have secret relationships which they find exciting for a time, maybe a few months, then it gets boring and ends. Nothing to do with baring flesh though, we (or I) have gone off topic as usual :D .
Lyn

Previous

Return to Talking Stick